Who we are
Outfly (formerly Idea East) is London’s leading design innovation agency. Over the last 10 years we’ve been disrupting the model of traditional agencies to make something that works for the high-speed challenger brands of today.
We work with innovation wings, social impact startups, entrepreneurs and fast-paced tech companies to help the people who need it most. We do everything from websites, marketing, business plans, pitch decks, video shoots, app designs, product designs, 3D and moving image, interiors, copywriting, message aligning, immersive experiences and social media. We don’t get briefed, we get challenged.
Who you are!
You love innovation, and will be:
- A mid-senior designer with 5-7 agency/commercial experience, looking for an alternative to typical agency life.
- A seasoned creative with a proven track record of designing for a variety of brand touchpoints and applications; print, experiential, digital, moving image, the list goes on…
- Brimming with big brand perspective, but with the ability to focus on attention to detail throughout every execution
- Ready to step up to leading full brand design roll-outs
- Keen for your work to make a positive social impact
Sounds like you? Good. Read on…
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be primarily working with our brand and 3D team. Helping to define the why? of a brand, as well as the full roll-out. We’re looking for a Creative to bridge the gap from brand to 3D. As well as a sound design background, you’ll have a strong sense of storytelling, timing, and be clued into the current 3D and moving trends.
You’ll be working alongside our uber talented team (if we do say so ourselves). including our Creative Director, Head of Strategy and Head of Social, to create beautiful, unique designs for our extensive list of clients. As a more experienced designer you’ll be expected to encourage and lightly guide our more junior team members.
The skills you’ll need
To enjoy this role, and succeed within it, you’ll have:
- Good old fashioned design talent - we’re looking for someone who has graduated with a first in a graphic design degree.
- A 3D pipeline whiz who can integrate design thinking with 3D productions; made in Cinema 4D.
- The foresight and experience to evolve your skills across lots of mediums; whether it’s a website design, a social media post, an investor deck, an animation, an email, a landing page or an app (and back again).
- The empathy to really dig into and understand what our clients really need - probably more than they do...
- The brains to understand complex ideas/briefs and distil them into design that delivers creative answers.
- The confidence and composure to support the senior team when the deadlines are near and the pressure is on.
- Creative software skills to brag about; specifically in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, AfterEffects, and C4D. Experience in X-Particles and Octane is an advantage.
Hopefully you’ll also have:
- A passion for purpose-driven ideas, entrepreneurship and tech
- The determination, desire and initiative to work in a fast-paced environment
- A rock solid conscience and a heart of gold
Perks of the job:
- Salary D.O.E
- Benefits (depending on contract type):
- Pension, Corporate Perks Package, Discounted Gym Membership, Personal Learning Allowance, 33+ days off per annum, being in Europe’s largest tech hub; surrounded by weekly events, coffee mornings and member nights!
- A badass team that plays with nerf guns
- Genuine room to innovate and grow.
- Full-time, contracted 40 hours per week for perm roles. Given the current climate, this is likely to be a temp-to-perm position, once things have settled down
- Hours of work are flexible, but average Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm. Flexibility will sometimes be required to meet business and client needs
- Hydrid/office remote, but usually located in Europe’s biggest Innovation Hub in Plexal, Here East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London.