About AppSec Phoenix:
AppSec Phoenix is a cybersecurity start-up working on an exciting new product and looking for a Chief Commercial Officer to help scale and reach more clients. You will be working on our latest product Appsec Phoenix, which is disrupting the world of vulnerability management, application security, and cloud security. We are looking for a candidate who wants to work dynamically and flexibly, self-manage, and has start-up or cybersecurity experience, ideally on SaaS products.
We are looking for an excellent account lead, that is proactive. We offer a hyper-aggressive target-based bonus plus a booster for exceeding the targets. You will join a start-up in time of expansion, with a very bold and supportive team and the ability to close and earn a lot with aggressive bonuses. We have launched our second version of the product, completed two funding rounds, and underwent our next round. Our focus is growth.
AppSec Phoenix helps CIO/CTO/CISO and developers talk the same language regarding vulnerability management. The AppSec Phoenix platform enables a clear view on vulnerabilities and contextualization of those in applications with enriched information like cost of the application and risk in relation to the importance level of the application. The platform is extending its data source and applying data science to enable inference and suggestions for clients.
Just one - Be a closer, win business, make clients happy. Be a face of the company to our clients; the rest is optional
Nice to have
- Worked in a start-up/has evaluated start-up
- Strong commercial background
- Go-Getter, one person that does not accept no for an answer
- Flexibility and will to get involved in price definition and organization
- Experience in cybersecurity and SaaS product
- Ability to demonstrate the USP of the product and wow the clients
- Ability to produce presentations
We don't work traditionally. Fully remote, fully distributed, entirely around you. We are delivery based and working around your life rather than the other way around.
Product Page: https://appsecphoenix.com/
Product short pitch: https://youtu.be/KGEZOmdOZ94
Long Demo with USP & Pitch: https://youtu.be/xUyavt7BCDY
Short Demo: https://youtu.be/-wk1ydh9Icc
Onboarding & KB: https://youtu.be/DqBIeV8id6Y
Our ideal candidate would be
- Someone with significant experience in commercial, with a go-getter attitude and with the ability to sell a product highlighting the critical aspect to busy executive
- Driven and passionate, understanding the commitment needed for an early start-up.
- A professional willing to think outside the box, and go get the clients and collaborate with the team on how to
- Willing to take on challenges and show initiative.
What we're offering:
We offer a base salary plus per sale bonus with a yearly cut except for the first sale.
Base Salary (variable based on prev experience) + Bonus
First Deal gets 50% post discount of the deal immediatly after successfull close
- Bonus 15% of deal post discount - range from 10% 50% of target
- Bonus 20% of deal post discount - range from - range 50% - 100% of target
- Bonus 30% of deal post discount - range from - range 100% + of target - 10% booster
Shares bonus > for achieving YoY targets
Targets 1 - Sales Achievement YoY Shares
Targets 2 - Raise - Achievement of Valuation for Cap Raise - Shares
You will be joining at the early stages of growth and opportunity to scale, with the opportunity to shape the company's vision from the beginning. You will be rewarded for initiative and allow you to carve out your role in the company.
Account Manager Tasks
- Develop and implement a territory plan to achieve set sales targets
- Achieve annual sales targets/quota
- Effectively articulate the value of AppSec Phoenix to prospects and customers.
- Ability to accurately qualify opportunities and forecast sales pipeline
- Leverage the SDR team for leads
- Partner with various AppSec Phoenix executives and personnel to generate new sales opportunities
- Deals with various AppSec Phoenix resellers, referrals to create new sales opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate PAS solutions and software products
- Ability to deal with marketing and be independent and develop slides, marketing material and drive social media engagement
The responsibilities are:
- Maintain a pipeline of clients
- Deliver sales and achieve sales objective
- Maintain a pipeline and CRM
- Interacting with the CEO, CFO for financial forecast and financial models
- Tracking and monitoring sales performance
- Identifying and recommending changes to the business model and operating model
- Provide objective evaluation and review of commercial strategies to drive the future direction
If this sounds interesting, send us a message with your CV. We would love to hear from you.
You may not tick all the boxes, we don't expect anyone to be perfect, but we are looking for attitude, go-getting initiative and independence.
Applications through agencies will not be taken into account.
Application form 3rd party will not be taken into account; this is a direct hire.
the structure of the interviews
30 min interview with myself as CEO - this is to demonstrate brevity, ability to pitch
30 min First stage is with our CFO - this is to demonstrate financial acuity
30 min Second stage with our CTO - this is to demonstrate how to interact with our tech team and get the best support
30 min discussion with CEO and one of the investor / Board Advisor/Non-Exec - this role is quite critical, and we actively rely on our advisory and Non-Exec; being able to discuss and talk with them is key
if successful final stage with myself and Sandy with a presentation/pitch for company strategy -
this to demonstrate the understanding of the stage of the company and sales process also ability to pitch