Geomiq is a rapidly growing tech start-up, at the cutting-edge of manufacturing technology.
We work with some of the world’s leading businesses (BMW, Rolls Royce, Shadow Robot and Medical companies), enabling their products to hit the market 5X faster by re-defining through our platform how manufactured parts are designed, manufactured and used.
Our platform has enabled our customers to be first to market, develop previously unimaginable technology and win global contracts.
We are looking for a Business/Data Analyst to join the team to contribute to next-generation solutions in online manufacturing.
Our platform allows for the quoting and ordering of custom manufactured parts through an easy-to-use interface. Our main customers are Product Designers, Design Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and Manufacturer Purchasing Departments.
Check out the platform here: www.geomiq.com, and view a video of the platform in action: https://vimeo.com/371601469
Our core values are: Customer Experience, Transparency, and Commitment. We work smart with a delivery focus, with pride in our work.
We are a hugely sociable team! We have a bi-weekly social calendar and weekly team lunches with our own private dock on the canal with a BBQ that is regularly used.
A career with Geomiq will expose you to the bare-bones of a highly ambitious and entrepreneurial technology company, so if you’re interested in joining us at the early stages of an exciting journey, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
Geomiq is looking for a Senior business/Data analyst to join our Product, Development and Marketplace Analytics team on a full time basis. Our mission is to assist Geomiq growth initiatives with data driven insights. Our team is working on discovering information hidden in a range of data to make intelligent business decisions to improve Marketplace growth and operations. This individual will have exceptional communication skills and the ability to quickly establish a rapport with all levels of internal staff. They are detail-oriented, tech-savvy, have exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to multitask.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and thrives on finding solutions to daily challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Using advanced analytical skills, interpret and analyze data, identify trends, and generate actionable recommendations to guide strategic decisions to management
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help the Marketplace team focus on performance drivers
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to define, develop, build and implement key performance metrics, reports, and dashboards to effectively manage, drive and support critical business priorities
- Build an understanding of Geomiq data/systems and leverage tools (e.g. MySQL, dbt, PowerBI) to independently query data and run ad hoc analyses to drive insights and inform business strategy
- Design and development of internal analysis tools
- Evaluate existing templates/tools and enhance functionality/capabilities
- General administrative duties ensuring process adherence by all departments
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- B.A./B.S. degree in technical or business fields or equivalent practical experience
- 4-6 years of working experience and 3+ years in a business/data analytical role with proven record for delivery of data-driven insights to inform strategic decision making in a Marketplace business
- Solid business acumen to be able to identify and create key metrics that measure and drive decisions
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts: analyzing data, drawing conclusions and developing actionable recommendations
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to influence others
- Be self-driven and show ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
- MySQL skills querying relational databases
- Proficiency in writing complex MySQL queries; you should feel comfortable using aggregate functions and all types of joins
- Excel skills - comfortable with VLOOKUP functions, SUMIF formulas, Pivot tables and performing data models
- Power BI or other Business Intelligence platform skills
- The ability to work independently and deliver quality results
- The ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment
- The ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
Ideally, You’ll Also Have
- Experience with Analytics Programming Languages (Python, R, etc.)
- E-commerce/marketplace experience
- Demonstrated success in collaborating across different departments and roles
Salary / Package
- £35k-55k Salary
- Hybrid in office/home working
- Share Options
- Canal side spacious offices in Hackney