Welcome to the Dojo!
We’re different! But, similar to Techstars, YCombinator or Entrepreneur First
We are creating a Dojo that is unparalleled, especially when it comes to the Bitcoin/Blockchain evolution and are seeking a Samurai Programme Director for our new and growing team. Are you dan-grade-ready to kick the tech community into the next century? If you’re innovative, a great leader of people and have an understanding of the Blockchain, then you could be the revered Ninja we’re seeking.
It is our view that the BSV Blockchain is set to scale, to become the ‘network of networks’ and thus the commercial backbone of the internet and will support the banks for the roll out of their CBDC’s (Central Bank Digital Currencies). Therefore, an understanding of Blockchain technology and a thorough understanding that the BSV Blockchain is not the same as the highly speculative and volatile crypto industry, would be ideal in our Co-Founder.
We’re different! But, similar to Techstars, YCombinator or Entrepreneur First, our Dojo in East London will ‘hot-house’ start-ups for a 12-week intensive training programme, three times a year, with around 14 companies per Cohort. However, we go that extra mile. As our Chief Sensei, you and our team will establish that our Dojo of start-ups have sufficient help, support and hands-on mentoring, PLUS we will ensure their funding is in place, for each leg of their journey.
The key part of the role is to devise and then manage the 12-week programme, to ensure each start-up has the necessary tools and knowledge, to fast-track the development of their product or service and deliver a highly polished MVP. Therefore, an understanding of Sprints, Agile and Scrum would be useful to ensure the cohorts stay on track with their development. The Dojo will handle all the boring admin tasks, so that our entrepreneurs are free to work directly with their R&D client to rapidly iterate their tech solution. This ensures they remain on track to hit their agreed deliverables prior to the funding pitch day.
Your role will include the following:
- Help identify & evaluate the most determined entrepreneurs through face-to-face research
- To codify and refine the 12-week delivery methodology
- Identify the most relevant & beneficial suppliers into the Dojo and negotiate discounted rates
- Build the number and quality of mentors eventually reducing the cost of these to the Dojo
- Teach problem-solving skills and communicate all aspects of the training programme
- Set operational goals and expectations with clear delivery milestones
- Coach, champion (and sometimes cajole) participants to keep them on track
- Help identify potential co-founders & mentors and then match those to each company
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Coordinate all training materials and ensure each start-up has gained maximum benefit
- Build a great support team to allow you to provide the full advantages for our start-ups
- Identify third party suppliers to provide various admin, IT, marketing, legal, and finance support, and secure sponsorship opportunities for the Dojo
- Maximize the number of companies being supported through the Dojo
- Help with the marketing effort to identify new entrepreneurs
Your Key KPI’s will be the following:
- Measuring the % of start-ups that have a completed MVP /Prototype at week 12
- Measure the overall cost of running the Dojo (suppliers, delivery team, trainers, office, welcome weekend etc)
- The £ value of sponsorship or partner support secured
- Feedback scores from each company in each Cohort
We appreciate candidates who have specialised knowledge in any of these areas:
Entrepreneur First, Techstars or YCombinator / Mentor for start-ups / BSV Blockchain / Experienced at Scrum, Agile, & Sprints / Distributed Ledger Technology / CBDCs, Bonds & Stablecoins / Tokens, Smart contracts & NFTs & Wallets / iGaming, Gambling / Identity Technology / KYC / AML / Compliance / ICO & IEO token fundraising.
Kick hard and land the winning blow
- Be your own boss – as you’re pivotal to the whole enterprise, your decision making will be largely autonomous, plus you will have huge influence of the overall company direction
- Share ownership of Satoshi Block Dojo Ltd (not share options)
- Plus, individual share ownership in every single start-up that goes through the Dojo
- Relaxed, fun, quirky, exciting, completely flexible and friendly working environment
- Very generous exit payments when each start-up company is bought (MANY TAX FREE)
- 25 days holiday plus 1 extra day for every year worked, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive annual salary
- You could help shape something that is akin to the start of the internet