Initially remote working; subsequently a blend of home and office working
Who we are
The Room is a SaaS based MediaTech marketplace that helps brands to most effectively source people of influence to amplify their marketing spend. Our mission is to unlock peoples’ true love for brands. Our clients include O2, Samsung, HelloFresh and MARS, to name just a few.
We are at a hugely exciting juncture and are expanding the business rapidly. We are now seeking a Marketing Director to drive engagement and acquisition of users - a role which is central to fulfilling our ambitious goals.
You will have full accountability to drive this core function within the business; reporting directly to the managing director. We require a constant stream of acquisition of users on both sides of the marketplace as well as ongoing content to drive engagement.
This position is both strategic and hands-on – we’re growing a team of energetic start-up enthusiasts, ready to pitch in to do whatever is needed to get the job done. Expect to be moving at a fast pace, developing long-term plans whilst implementing robust, fast-growth initiatives. We move fast but we are thorough. You will have the autonomy to help further define our goals and own the marketing function. You will set the strategy, develop the media plan, and then lead the team to execute as we expand further into new markets.
- Roll out our new brand positioning across paid, owned, and earned media
- Ensure our new website achieves the growth metrics set out according to the proof of concept
- Evolve the marketing strategy across all touchpoints, including performance, brand, content, and demand generation on both sides of our platform
- Achieve acquisition targets; deliver ambitious plans that drive our revenue strategy
- Support our customer success department in building a marketing-based retention strategy across brands and users
- Develop and monitor competitive intelligence across the markets in which we play
- Evolve the acquisition metrics across all commercial subscription levels as we scale
- Own the marketing budget and clearly track multi-channel ROI
- Design, own, and drive improvement in the key marketing KPIs for awareness, conversion, and retention
- Oversee the development of content for sales, customer success, and partner enablement, including decks, online resources, emails, and sales nurture journeys
- Be a key stakeholder in the entry route to the USA and, other markets setting out priority channels and spend
- Define best practices and determine how we scale and grow our core marketing team
To thrive in this role it is essential that you fit the following criteria:
- Min 5 years or more marketing leadership experience in a B2B environment
- Proven experience developing a marketing strategy to scale businesses past Series A
- Proven experience in delivering acquisition and retention-based strategies
- A passion for building high performing teams and evidence of having nurtured and developed talent
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- A metrics-driven marketing mind with an eye for creativity
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools
- Experience leading teams across multiple marketing disciplines
- Hands-on experience with customers
- A track record enabling fast growth sales and SDR teams through marketing automation and sales enablement along the customer journey
Although not essential, it would help if you had the experience of working within a SaaS subscription business model.
Salary: £75,000 - £90,000 + 10% annualised performance related bonus
More about The Room
The Room is a private space in which brands and people of influence connect with each other over mutually beneficial partnerships. It is a contra economy where success is based on collaboration and not on commercial terms.
This authenticity and integrity is as much a part of our culture as it is of our product, and our ethos of ‘good people, good brands, good conversations’ is central to how we conduct ourselves inwardly as a team as well as externally as a business.
We hire great people because we know that we can’t build a world class company without a world class team. We also want to enjoy what we do, and that means working with people who enjoy what they do. Everyone is welcome - we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, where everyone, from any background, can grow and thrive.
Get in touch
We are a friendly yet ambitious start-up that is on a very exciting journey, and that will provide plenty of opportunities for career progression as it continues to grow. If you feel that The Room is a place where you can deliver your best work, then do get in touch and send us your CV and a covering note telling us more about yourself.
NB This role is mainly remote, although we do plan to return to an office in London in due course, at which time we envisage you will occasionally come to the office for meetings and events.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Sorry - no agencies thank you.