About the role:
We are on the lookout for a high-energy, community-focused individual to join our mission in putting together a world-class delivery team. You will be executing and further developing our operational playbook, growing our reach, our offering and ensuring customers are experiencing the highest levels of service.
Carryr is a UK-based B2B2C startup and we're on a mission to complete the promise of e-commerce convenience with an end-to-end delivery experience that's fast, frictionless and convenient. Delivery should no longer be an inconvenience, should be on the customers' terms and be available with your favourite retailers – let's make that happen!
This is a six-month, part-time placement (25 hours per week) in line with the government Kickstart Scheme, with the scope to stay on afterwards on a full-time permanent position (with equity, benefits and bonuses). This is a field-based/WFH position with flexible hours (we focus on the results), with a strong preference for London-based candidates as this is where you'll be based!
Who you are and what we're looking for:
- have a good knowledge and/or passion for the fashion & apparel e-commerce industry
- have encountered numerous bad delivery experiences that you wish to change
- can learn fast and adapt to new situations with just a moments notice in a fast-paced environment
- have the stomach to execute autonomously with speed and the probability of failure
- solve problems creatively and love to experiment in a multidisciplinary manner
- are an ambitious entrepreneur at heart (grit and resilience required)
- are analytical, process-driven yet know how to motivate and bring people together
- are hungry for a career-defining moment and want to make your mark with an early stage, fast-growing startup
- are competitive, have high standards and a high degree of self-motivation
- have a good understanding of the key drivers in a business and have the ability to take control of them for the desired output
- have experienced logistics/delivery is a bonus (especially anything on-demand!)
- have high standards of customer service and etiquette
What you'll be doing:
- Performing deliveries yourself on a bicycle or an electric vehicle of your choice
- Get a deep, first-hand experience to better understand the operations of your city
- Ensuring an effective launch into your city
- Recruiting and onboarding delivery riders to expand the network in your city
- Managing an effective, efficient and profitable supply of delivery riders as demand grows in your city
- The point of contact for delivery riders to ensure they have a positive working experience
- Collaborating with both the sales and marketing teams to enable successful launches of new retailers in your city
- Working closely with the founders and the teams that support the marketing, sales and product development for your respective city
- Clearly documenting processes, strategies and tactics
- Building communities and supporting your city's logistics network
- We're transparent, open to new ideas and love to be challenged
- We're challenging outdated experiences and views for the modern age
- We're at the forefront of retail/e-commerce innovation and tackling the most exciting problems
- Being early into the team means you get to help shape the culture, with endless opportunities to progress as we scale
- You'll learn to problem solve and begin to build your own toolkit and approach
Who can apply to Kickstart roles?
- You must be aged 16-24 and receiving Universal Credit to apply for this role.
- The role is for a 6 month period
- Work for a minimum of 25 hours per week
- Receive payment of the National Minimum Wage - see https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates