At Avail, we believe that the legal industry will eventually be revolutionised by artificial intelligence. Our vision is to provide law firms and their clients with tailored platforms powered by AI, with a laser sharp focus on simplicity.
Avail is an early stage funded start-up, looking to rapidly expand. Our primary platform (Avail Title) is used by many of the major real estate law firms in the UK, with a number of other products in the pipeline. Our board and advisers also include members of the same top law firms.
Avail Title helps real estate lawyers optimise legal document review, using cutting edge natural language processing and machine learning to drive up efficiency and productivity, whilst reducing time and cost. Avail helps lawyers assess and quantify risk faster and more effectively, by producing instant legal risk reports.
Headquartered in central London next to Tower Bridge, we’re backed by significant investors who recognise the important position Avail is playing in driving forward AI in the legal industry, and as part of that we’re looking to expand our team to better support our clients! We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support our team members to develop in their role, and more broadly in their career.
We’re looking for someone to hit the ground running and head up the customer success function at Avail. You’ll manage a broad portfolio of top tier firm clients and be responsible for the long-term success of the clients we’ve obtained, as well as potentially building a team around you as we grow.
Day to Day
Day to day, you will work on a range of varied responsibilities. You will:
- Establish and grow the customer success function within the company, including setting up a range of suitable KPIs from activity monitoring to NPS.
- Manage a broad portfolio of our customer base in a personalised fashion, ensuring you’re owning the outcome.
- Be accountable for managing risk, forecasting accurately and spotting and driving growth opportunities.
- Work closely with the sales team to run efficient and effective merchant handover and kick off meetings.
- Understand, through consultation and partnerships, how to identify existing customers’ pain points and drive them towards adopting our products further.
- Create and deliver success plans and success reviews with your clients to optimise their usage of Avail and constantly drive value.
- Advocate for our clients internally by delivering informed, quantified feedback, especially ensuring this is clearly communicated to our product team.
- Refine and improve processes, and be proactive in driving new projects and initiatives.
- Ensure we're delighting customers, so we can capture customer stories leading to referrals, testimonials and case studies.
- Providing technical assistance/account support as part of a wider team to our customers (no technical knowledge required).
Our ideal candidate is one who, primarily, fits with the culture of our team. We’re looking for someone who is excited by technology and the prospect of changing a creaking, backwards industry (the legal world!). You must be self-motivated and a self-starter, with fantastic listening, negotiation and presentation skills. This is a role which will develop and morph as we expand, and so you must be flexible in your approach and not fazed by a fast-changing environment.
Essential to the role:
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Degree to BA/BSc standard or higher.
- Experience in the legal industry, paralegal or above is helpful but not necessary, as is any experience in the real estate industry.
- You have a passion for driving successful customer outcomes in a strategic fashion.
- You drive value by being curious, consultative and able to ask the right questions.
- You have experience prioritising your time, especially between multiple important and urgent issues.
- You are commercially astute and can demonstrate this.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of law firms, including executive and C-level/partnership.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services.
The following experience will help in your application but is not necessary. Any areas where you lack experience, you will either be trained up on or will learn on the job!
- Customer-facing experience as a CSM roles ideally in a SaaS company.
- A proven track record in managing risk, forecasting and identifying growth opportunities.
- Experience monitoring customer success related KPIS.
- Proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Experience managing a team of juniors.
Competitive salary, paired with a wide range of benefits including medical insurance, gym membership, pension, MindSpace membership and 30 days' holiday (plus bank holidays).
We are happy to support remote working arrangements and actively encourage a healthy work/life balance. We would like you to work from the office (just next to Tower Bridge) at least one day a week, but apart from that are comfortable with you working from where you prefer.
More information will be provided during the application process.