At Avail, we believe that the legal industry will eventually be revolutionised by artificial intelligence. Our vision is to provide law firms and their clients with tailored platforms powered by AI, with a laser sharp focus on simplicity.
Avail is an early stage funded start-up, looking to rapidly expand. Our primary platform Avail Title is used by many of the major real estate law firms in the UK, with a number of other products in the pipeline. Our board and advisers also include members of the same top law firms.
Avail Title helps real estate lawyers optimise legal document review, using cutting edge natural language processing and machine learning to drive up efficiency and productivity, whilst reducing time and cost. Avail helps lawyers assess and quantify risk faster and more effectively, by producing instant legal risk reports.
Headquartered in central London next to Tower Bridge, we’re backed by significant investors who recognise the important position Avail is playing in driving forward AI in the legal industry, and as part of that we’re looking to expand our team to better support our clients! We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support our team members to develop in their role, and more broadly in their career.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer / python developer to join our development team. This split will suit someone who has strong technical knowledge, but likes variety in their day to day responsibilities. We’re looking to shore up our infrastructure maintenance, whilst also bring in additional team members to help build out the back-end of Avail’s legaltech products.
Day to Day
Day to day, you will work on a range of varied responsibilities. From a Dev/Ops perspective you will:
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Create practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
- Work closely with our CTO to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
When carrying out your role as a Python developer within the team, you will be required to:
- Write effective and scalable Python codes, designing and implementing robust applications
- Debugging applications to ensure low-latency and high-availability
- Integrating user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Implementing security and data protection
- Accommodating various data storage solutions
Our ideal candidate is one who, primarily, fits with the culture of our team. You must be self-motivated and a self-starter, with fantastic attention to detail. This is a role which will develop and morph as we expand, and so you must be flexible in your approach and not fazed by a fast-changing environment.
Absolutely essential to the role:
- Experience developing engineering applications
- Demonstrated project development skills
- Strong understanding of best practices around system security measures
- Advanced education and application of business analysis techniques and strategy
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
Specific technical requirements:
- Proficient in Python
- Familiar with relational databases and SQL
- Experience working with Linux
- Ability to write and maintain Dockerfiles
- Experience maintaining and monitoring Kubernetes clusters
- Familiarity with most of the following libraries: Flask, Celery, SQLAlchemy, spaCy
- Ability to program in Java is a plus
Competitive salary, paired with a wide range of benefits including medical insurance, gym membership, pension, MindSpace membership and a generous holiday allowance.
We are happy to support remote working arrangements and actively encourage a healthy work/life balance. We would like you to work from the office (just next to Tower Bridge) at least one/two days a week, but apart from that are comfortable with you working from where you prefer.