Why, How, What?
Bricklane harnesses technology to unlock investment in residential property at scale using a revolutionary technology and data-driven approach.
We believe it’s time the housing market was brought into the 21st century. We do the right thing for tenants, which also enables us to deliver great results for investors. We are committed to fixing issues in the rental market by providing high quality homes for people to live in.
We’ve recently raised £600m of institutional capital to deploy across London, Bristol and the South East. It’s the largest tech-led investment in residential property outside the US, and we’re just getting started.
We’re backed by investors including LocalGlobe, A/O Proptech and Zoopla, and we’ve assembled a smart and highly collaborative team from the worlds of tech, property and finance.
Data is at the centre of what we do at Bricklane. It’s been pivotal to our success so far, enabling us to buy and manage properties in smarter and more efficient ways than ever previously possible. ,
We’re looking for a Head of Data to join our team to help drive our growth through the smart and innovative application of data to our strategy, operations and expansion.
What you will be working on
We have industrialised the whole process of investing in property through Compass, our proprietary data analytics platform. From identifying the best target markets based on our in-house data intelligence, to acquiring outperforming properties intelligently, data unlocks the property market at previously inaccessible scale.
Smart use of data is integral to Bricklane’s success. Data powers our investment strategies for multi-million pound mandates and drives our operational processes so that they become more efficient, intelligent and scalable as we grow.
As Head of Data, you will be responsible for building a market-leading and dynamic business function, leading a team of data scientists and analysts, and being the public face of our research team to potential institutional partners and the wider market.
The Head of Data will lead on leveraging data to capitalise on Compass’ already market-leading capabilities. Example initiatives could include:
- Using bottom-up market analytics to define investment strategies for the world’s largest investors
- Using machine learning to improve our valuations algorithms and better identify mispriced opportunities
- Compiling and analysing operational data, so that we can empower our property team to deliver better investment outcomes for our clients, operational efficiencies for our team, and better propositions to tenants
In this role you will:
- Shape and build an industry-leading data function. You’ll be reporting to our VP Engineering, and working closely with our CEO, Chief Investment Officer, and operations teams on projects that are the most critical to the success of the business
- Be responsible for Bricklane’s data and use it to inform investment strategies, identify upcoming research initiatives and projects, and provide fundamental insights to underpin company operations
- Shape projects from conception to delivery, and manage a rigorous prioritisation process to ensure maximum business impact
- Own current and future machine learning models and approaches, iterating as needed
- Be responsible for building a fantastic, high-performing data science and insights team that is poised for future growth through development, coaching, clear expectation setting and a strong focus on employee experience
- Use development and data storage technologies to identify trends and opportunities for both growth, investment opportunity and operational efficiency, through analysis of complex and proprietary data sets
- Develop relationships across the business and with our investment partners to increase the Data team’s influence and broaden its perspective