Zen builds and scales online marketplaces which revolutionise the way organisations manage short and long term recruitment needs.
In 2017 we launched Zen Educate, an online platform that has saved UK schools over £2M to date in supply teaching and recruitment costs.
Using our platform, schools have access to hundreds of profiles of fully vetted teachers, who they can book at a click of a button or arrange an interview with. Think Uber for teachers.
Building on this success, we launched Zen Locum this summer - an online platform that matches locums (temporary workers) with pharmacies and opticians practices. We’ve had significant early traction so we are looking to expand the team.
We are well-funded by high-profile investors and are led by start-up veterans behind two of London's most prominent tech companies.
Your chance to make a difference
We are looking for a Head of Operations to lead several teams within our Supply Operations team, reporting directly into VP of Operations.
The Supply team owns and manages the onboarding of candidates to the platform, and the marketplace operations related to getting our educators booked into schools for work.
This is an exciting opportunity to be the number 2 in our operations function with considerable scope to grow your remit.
Our ideal candidate
· 4+ years experience in operations or strategy roles, ideally in early stage marketplace startups or top tier strategy consulting
· Experience defining and utilising data to understand workflows, bottlenecks and opportunities for improved levels of service for a large operational team
· Knowledge of key operational improvement frameworks such as Kanban, Agile, Six Sigma or similar is a strong plus
· Experience leading a growing a team of 25+ that includes a remote workforce
What the job involves
· Lead and manage all aspects of our marketplace operations team, which includes short term bookings, long term bookings and customer support. This involves also managing a workforce that is partially based remotely
· Own the execution and drive performance improvement of the logistics and operations of dispatching teachers and teaching assistants to work in schools
· Own KPIs related to number of workers available, fill rate, liquidity and operational excellence and develop new experiments and processes to improve those KPIs
· Conduct data analysis to report on the performance of the operations team
· Own the line management, development and professional growth of an operations team
· Collaborate with the sales and product development teams to develop processes and product interventions that drive growth and automation for the business