We are Virtual Internships, an Education Technology company on a mission to bridge the gap between education and the workplace by making internships accessible to all and preparing young people for the future of work.
We work with Universities, Education Institutions & Foundations, K-12 Schools, and Corporates to provide their students, graduates, or employees with an employability program that incorporates upskilling courses, mentor coaching, and a guaranteed remote work placement.
2021 & Beyond
We are backed by some of the world’s top investors who were early investors in companies such as AirBnB, Udemy, Zoom, ApplyBoard, Linkedin...and we’re scaling fast!
Our team is growing in every area including Partnerships, Product, Engineering, Marketing, HR and Operations, and we plan to increase the global team to up to 150 by the end of 2021.
- Selected by Tech in Asia as a Top 50 Rising Startup (No.6 in Vietnam)
- Selected by HolonIQ as a Top 100 EdTech Startup
- Selected by Jisc & Emerge Education as a Top 20 EdTech Startup ready to address the education’s sector’s biggest challenges
- Featured on Forbes, BBC News, BBC World, The Telegraph, The Independent, and Professionals in International Education
- Winners of the prestigious MassChallenge accelerator program
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Leader to help build out our Marketing, Product and Engineering teams. The ideal candidate has experience successfully recruiting at an early-stage startup and is ready for the challenge of helping to scale a rapidly growing company. You will be instrumental in building scalable recruiting programs and processes, including establishing recruiting best practices, creating an unparalleled candidate experience, and helping us build a world-class in-house talent acquisition team
**This is a three month contract position with the ability to be extended or converted to full-time for the right candidate**.
The right candidate can be based anywhere in the world.
What will you be trying to solve?
- Manage full-cycle recruitment process for marketing, engineering, and product teams
- Create unique strategies to identify, attract, and engage with the best talent, from branding and events, to sourcing and referrals
- Identify closing strategies for offers and proactively provide candidates with the right information to help make their decision as easy as possible
- Create and own an exceptionally positive candidate experience at every stage
- Drive and assess the applicant pipeline as well as data integrity and reporting
- Track and understand relevant metrics for your activity and pipeline and actively share progress with senior management
- Navigate the challenge that we are a hybrid-remote company that is open to recruiting across the world. 60% of staff work remotely in 20+ countries, with the remaining based in our Vietnam office
- Coach and mentor a team of junior talent acquisition managers
What are the career development opportunities?
- Our company culture prides itself in internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our division leaders have risen through the company - including COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Company Experience, Head of Company Development, Head of Intern Experience
- As we are in the high-growth phase, we are continually expanding and roles can be created wherever there are gaps of opportunity . As such, for the right candidate this role can be extended or converted to a permanent arrangement.
Traits/Skills You Will Need
- 3+ years of experience in an internal fast-paced recruitment role and have a successful track record of hiring top talent.
- You’re a hustler! You’re an independent, adaptable and highly motivated recruiter who loves what you do. You’re able to get into the details and deliver quality results on time. You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- You’re creative (and know that job adverts and LinkedIn are not the only channels of headhunting candidates). You love to research and understand that the art of sourcing is always evolving. You get stuck into various platforms, technology tools, social networks and databases to uncover the best talent in the world.
- You have the aptitude to leverage our product, culture and mission of VI to attract the right candidates.
- “Startup Geek” - you don’t need to be an expert on start-ups, but you should have an intrinsic interest and passion for scaling/building start-ups
- Ambition - Dare to Dream
- Performance - Results Matter
- Curiosity - Sapere Aude
- Resilience - We always find a way
- Humility - Remember our roots
- Meritocracy - The door is always open
Some Basic Requirements
- The role can be based in our HCMC, Vietnam office or remote. If remote, preference will be given to candidates who are either based in the UK OR within +/- 2 hour time difference with Vietnam
- Fluent English language skills (you don’t need an IELTS, but if you did it would be 7.0+)
- Apply via our Careers Page
- 5 Minute Video Screening
- Zoom interview with Senior Management