Onboarding Manager (part of the Customer Success Team)
at Disciple, Farringdon, London
Helping Passion Communities Thrive
Disciple empowers brands and creators to build independent communities of true value. We are capitalising on the global trend for citizens, brands and creators to engage in single interest, passion communities alongside social media. This shift is being driven by the online world’s move from an attention economy to a passion economy.
Disciple enables businesses to join the passion economy and creators with passionate communities to build businesses. We do this by allowing our customers to create proprietary community networks that allow their customers, fans, followers to become members of the things in life they are passionate about.
Disciple is a platform for building and managing online, branded networks and communities. All our customers have one thing in common – a shared passion and a desire to nurture their community on a social platform they define and they control.
The Customer Success team manages each stage of the Customer life cycle on the Disciple Platform. This role is specifically for the onboarding part of the customer lifecycle.
You will be the hosts first experience with the service we provide, engaging with them to understand their goals and objectives, helping them get trained and understand the platform, educating them on best practices, configuring any technical requirements and launching their apps to the stores.
This is an exciting and demanding role that requires strong organisation & communication skills, focus, energy, creativity and passion for what we do and believe in.
This is an entry level role, so an eagerness to learn and pick up new skills to supplement ones you may already have is important.
You will be responsible for:
Your own roster of Disciple customers ensuring their smooth onboarding and platform education. Your individual KPIs will be set around the Number and Speed of launches, ARR launched and NPS. The functions of our Customer Success managers include the following:
- Managing Customers - You will build strong initial relationships with them as this is their first experience with Disciple after paying. You will help them get the best from the Disciple platform. Our common goal is happy long-term Customers. You will enjoy managing and communicating with your customers on a one-to-one basis and at scale.
- Production - You will be able to perform all necessary technical and production tasks in order to help our customers launch their community apps onto the Apple and Google Play Stores. All training will be provided, however, you will need to be fairly comfortable in learning various software. This is a big part of this role and hands-on attitude is a must, as you won’t be relying on product or tech teams to facilitate certain technical tasks for you.
- Provide expertise - You will become an expert in product functionality and app knowledge. This includes our technology and how everything works. In addition to this, Community Building and management to educate our hosts on how best to make their communities grow and thrive will be part of your conversations.
- Education - With the help of our Product and Tech teams you will develop a deep knowledge of the Disciple Platform. You will run and improve our tailored training sessions and ensure that your Customers have access to the information and tools they need. You will continue to help develop the Disciple Knowledge Base centre.
- Communication - Working with our Product and Marketing teams, you will help make sure your customers are up to date with key product updates and help them get the most out of the Disciple platform.
Tools we use:
HubSpot to manage our customers, tickets and entire CRM.
Slack to communicate internally
Apple and Google Play Store Consoles
Gsuite - Gmail, slides, sheets etc
Disciple console - to build and host our customers’ communities
You’ll love this role if you have:
- Great communication skills with the ability to explain a complex product in simple terms.
- Impeccable and friendly email manner with the ability to prioritise your communication with customers effectively and efficiently. Email traffic can get high very quickly.
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Hands-on attitude and ability to learn new things quickly
- A “make things happen” attitude
- Passion and focus
- A knack for getting on with people on various levels
- Ability to build relationships quickly, internally and externally
- Critical and creative thinking always striving to improve what we do and how we do it
People we love:
- Experience with SaaS, Customer Success and technical configuration is desired but not essential.
- Experience in a customer services role.
- Good general knowledge of the business of Apps, SaaS and the broader technology landscape
- A drive to continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and NPS scores.
- An interest and understanding of online communities and “passion economy”
- Excellent communication skills dealing with issue tracking and crisis management for internal and external stakeholders and at all levels of management.
- Apple Mac skills.
- You are passionate and very focused
In return we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary
- A mixture of office and remote working with a fun friendly working environment
- Collaborative, transparent and fun loving culture
- Pension contributions
- Perkbox subscription
- Bi-annual company away days and events
- A regularly stocked beer fridge, breakfast bar and fruit bowl
- Disciple swag
- The chance to work with a diverse set of customers
- The chance to build a new category of business