Tutorful is a six year-old and thriving tech start-up. We make live online learning affordable and accessible to all. We have 10,000 tutors across the UK and Ireland delivering over 13,000 lessons per week and are currently expanding internationally into France.
Our revolutionary approach to learning and our fantastic growth have helped us become recognised as one of the top 100 startups in the UK and remain in a strong position to continue to grow in 2021.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative and thoughtful Designer to join our growing Product Development team. You will work across our website and native mobile apps to help shape a rapidly evolving product used by thousands of students, parents and tutors around the UK.
As a member of our Design team you will work alongside other Product Designers and support our Lead Product Designer and our Head of Product. You will work within an agile squad alongside a Product Manager, four Developers and a representative from our Customer Success and Marketing teams. Our squads work towards quarterly objectives, with each team deciding how best to deal with the customer or business challenges they have ownership of.
You will be the voice of the end-user and the champion of good design and best practices. You will help deliver new and exciting features that enhance the product and drive user engagement. You will be overseeing feature design from concept right through to pushing code live.
This role will include:
- Producing and presenting wireframes, lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity designs for your agile squad
- Presenting your designs internally and clearly communicating the rationale behind your solutions
- Producing hi-fidelity prototypes for testing with users
- Being involved in and conducting regular user research sessions and usability tests
- Working closely with Product Managers and Developers to identify problems and opportunities within the product
- Participating in ideation of solutions to user and business problems
- Helping to define and defend our company’s branding, style and positioning as our product and target markets evolve
- Participating in sprint planning and daily standups
- Contributing to the building of a strong and successful design team
Now a bit about you…
We need you to have:
- 1+ years experience of design either in-house or agency
- A portfolio of existing work including case studies and design approach
- Proficiency in Figma or other modern UI authoring tools
- Ability to create wireframes, concepts and beautiful high-fidelity prototypes based on user research and business objectives
- Experience designing for desktop and mobile
- Good understanding of UX design
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to convey your creative vision to internal stakeholders and squad members
- The ability to iterate quickly and refine solutions
It would be great if you have experience of:
- Designing for native mobile apps
- Design Systems
- Information Architecture
- User Journey Mapping
- Working in sprint based environment
- Conducting User research and testing
- Working in a Tech startup
At Tutorful you can expect a great working environment and to continually improve your skills
- You will have 25 days holiday allowance, with an extra day for each year you are with us, up to 28 days. Need a little more? You can take an additional 5 days as unpaid leave and roll over 5 days ever year.
- We have flexible working hours over the week.
- You can work remotely as much as you like. As things recover, we aim to get everyone back to the office together on a semi-regular basis but still allowing a lot of flexibility
- Everyone gets an annual training budget and there are opportunities to attend conferences and in-house training sessions
- We have regular company organised socials
- You get £250 in lesson credit every year to spend on the Tutorful platform
If the above is of interest to you please feel free to apply or send any additional questions that you may have to us
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.