Who we are
Mention Me is the Referral Engineering™ platform for growth-obsessed ecommerce brands. Our world-class programmes have delivered more than 4m referrals totalling £1bn+ in revenue for 450+ brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2013, we now employ more than 80 specialists and work with brands including Farfetch, Bloom & Wild and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and a Bronze Stevie for Customer Service Team of the Year.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
We celebrate every Mentioneer, exactly as they are. We don’t shy away from breaking down systemic discrimination in society, or from difficult conversations and decisions. We’re committed to being a force for change.
The same goes for our recruitment. We welcome every application, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socioeconomic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Are you a NQ/2+ PQE solicitor who has a strong commercial contracts experience looking to work in-house for one of UK’s brightest SaaS/martech scale ups?
We’re looking for a NQ/2+ PQE solicitor (England and Wales qualified) with a strong commercial contracts background with experience of working in tech businesses. This role is perfect for an in-house solicitor that can work autonomously and wants to do more.
You’ll be reporting into our General Counsel but you should also expect to regularly liaise with our co-founders and other members of the leadership and senior management team.
How you would contribute
- Negotiating, reviewing and approving all material contracts and agreements between Mention Me and its clients, partners, suppliers, employees or any other third party.
- Partnering with the revenue generating areas of the business to ensure Mention Me contracts with businesses in an efficient, expedient and legally compliant manner, whilst at the same time managing long term risk.
- Steering Mention Me through any privacy issues which arise from clients, customers and the law.
- Working closely with Mention Me’s product team to ensure our product development is done in line with privacy and consumer law.
- We’re keen to ensure legal knowledge isn’t held just in the legal team. You’ll be training and generally upskilling the teams to be able to deal with legal queries on a self-serve basis.
- Working with our Revenue Operations manager to continue to make the way contracts flow through our business as smooth as possible.
Additional: doing such other ad-hoc tasks as delegated by the General Counsel or which otherwise arise based on need.
- NQ/2+ years PQE - it is desirable for you to have spent some time working in-house. It is essential that you have a strong commercial contracts focus.
- You are collaborative, commercial, show attention to detail, and organised
- You are comfortable working at all levels of the organisation and also keen to roll your sleeves up and get stuff done
- You have exceptional communication skills and negotiation skills, with an ability to make complex regulatory concepts clear
- Have some knowledge of data privacy legislation including GDPR and PECR
- Have some experience of managing a contract management system.
Here’s why you should join us
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
You can expect:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an extra day off for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As well as:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders’ Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage lunch breaks, regularly work from home, and are open to flexible working
- Weekly online yoga classes
- Sessions with a qualified therapist through Spill
- An amazing office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events, from chocolate-tasting and pottery-making, to poker nights and picnics
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass.
***No agencies please***