We’re looking for a talented product analyst to help us make congestion, air pollution, and road accidents a thing of the past.
At Vivacity, we make cities smarter. We gather real-time data from our sensors to reduce congestion, spot dangerous manoeuvres on the road to improve safety, and support autonomous vehicles.
Using Reinforcement Learning techniques at the forefront of academic and research thinking, we optimise traffic lights to prioritise cyclists and improve air quality. To support this, we gather anonymised data through simple, efficient, and affordable Computer Vision based sensors.
All our solutions are community-centric, using 'privacy by design' principles. Our ultimate goal is to make the European vision of a Smart City - one which makes the city work effectively, for the community.
About the opportunity
As our first product analyst, you will sit within the Product team and be responsible for working with a variety of transport datasets to help us build better products and solutions for our cities and communities. Working directly with clients to extract insights on how they utilise our products and combining it with behaviour data to drive more informed decision-making, you will be at the heart of our data-driven, customer-centric approach to product. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make their first step towards a Product Manager role.
- Growth insights: Drawing new insights from transport data and deliver more valuable experiences for our customers
- Technical engagement: Working closely with Engineering teams to improve our data collection and understand how we can build more impactful solutions
- Client focused: Takes ownership over engagement tracking and metrics. Flagging changes and issues whilst identifying new metrics to explore
- Market and product research: Leading user research, customer interviews, and desk research to champion the voice of the customer
- Product analytics, including user-segmentation, customer lifetime value, etc
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about our mission of making cities smarter. You are a curious and self-starting individual, who is able to work as a part of a diverse team. You can use data to tell a story which informs growth decisions and product development efforts. You are very comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment and adapting to change.
We welcome applications from all candidates and embrace diversity within our teams. If you are in any doubt, please get in touch, or apply anyway and we will get back to you. We look forward to hearing from you!
You should be able to demonstrate:
- 1-2 years experience in data analytics or a relevant undergraduate degree
- Experience using data manipulation software, e.g. for advanced statistical methodologies
- Expert at in putting yourself in the customer’s shoes, identify opportunities which you then quantify with data
- Enjoying getting stuck in and are able to drive towards a solution with limited guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Any of the following would strengthen your application:
- Familiar with Python/R to further analytics insights
- Experience setting up and running A/B tests and have a strong understanding of testing and experimental design
- Experience with data visualisation tools (Looker, PowerBI, Tableau etc.) and demonstrate storytelling ability with data
- Passionate about smart cities and AI development
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup