Showcode’s vision is to unite coders and companies without endless searching and testing, by building a exceptional user focused community platform.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate product designer to help shape our platform, creating elegant and simple solutions that will enable our coders to share their talent, enable communities to thrive, and provide customers a better way to attract and retain talent.
We are a fast-paced start up and you’ll be pivotal in helping define how we work and helping us create a culture that’s people first and supports our company values.
Finding exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our top priority, and we are committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We’re growing, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact – join us!
This role can be a remote/work from home role in the UK, or you can join us in our bright and airy open office space in Shoreditch, London.
As a product designer you will:
- Champion and lead the design of our user interfaces to create first rate interactions and experiences. You’ll use creative and holistic thinking across our product releases, platform and services, alongside more hands-on design work
- Design new prototypes, features, and specifications based on client and user insights, taking the task all the way from idea, through specification, to granular feature delivery alongside the engineering team
- Foster the spirit of innovation and creativity within the design team and the wider company to ensure that new ideas are shared, considered and delivered
- Gather input directly from clients and users to understand their needs and insight
- Help make sure there is a consistent and aligned experience in every product
- Support and improve the design of existing products
- Be in touch and up to date with the latest technology and strategies in the design and development industry, helping us keep our platform current and relevant
- Understand user needs within the entire organisation, planning user research, as well as sharing insights with every department within the company
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 2+ years hands-on experience working in product teams, ideally in a fast-paced SaaS Technology start-up
- Work experience as a product designer or similar role, with a strong design portfolio to showcase your creativity and familiarity with corporate designing
- An excellent communicator, who can think critically, with the ability to present your ideas with a ‘get things done’ attitude
- Experience with UX and design programs like Figma and workflow tools such as Atlassian confluence and JIRA
- A passion for a brand, attention to detail and craftsmanship, with pixel perfect design standards
- Experience working in teams with other designers, developers and product managers
- Self-motived and a love of learning new things. You’re excited to grow, research and learn
- Experience of user research and testing, with a passion for learning about users and designing solutions which solve their needs
What you’ll achieve:
- Understand our business and how we are trying to change the industry
- Design and deliver new features and experiences with the product and engineering team, along with changes to existing products
- Participate in our sprints and reviews alongside the product and engineering teams
- Understand how our product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences
- Own a consistent and aligned experience across all our products
- A deep understanding of what great content is and learn how to measure tech skills.
- Mentor other teammates with patience and help build a bar-raising team
- Fostering the spirit of innovation and creativity within the design team and sharing this with the wider company, helping us formalise our design and user experience road map
What you’ll get from us:
We’ll do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success, so you can do your best work.
You’ll get a competitive salary, 25 days holiday and a flexible working environment aimed at helping you get the most out of both work and home life. We are partially remote but can give you everything you need to work effectively from home.
We’re proud of the culture we’ve created and as restrictions ease and appetites change, you can join us in our bright and airy open office space in Shoreditch, London.
This is a structured job role with clear objectives and key results, in a well backed startup company working towards B Corporation certification.
We’re all looking forward to the fun stuff, like our off-site team away days to discuss culture and strategy, and fun evenings out bowling, playing darts and socialising with the team.