Product Manager (part-time: 1.0 – 2.0 days per week)
The SimSage team, initially from New Zealand, has developed an innovative AI-based Enterprise Information Management platform to help organisations better deal with the ever-growing amounts of information across their multiple Enterprise Systems. The core SimSage Platform hosts five proprietary products including full-text, semantic, Enterprise Search and Website Search, a Document Management System (DMS), a Discovery tool that informs about the amount and nature of information across all systems, and a FAQ auto-answering product.
SimSage technology is helping customers to improve productivity, revenue generation, and staff and customer engagement, and to reduce operational cost and business risk.
While SimSage currently has customers in a number of industry sectors, we are seeing rapidly growing interest from the Legal and Health sectors in particular.
Having just completed an initial capital raise, we are boosting both our sales and development capabilities to scale for faster growth.
We are looking for an experienced part-time Product Manager to assist our currently small, but growing, team to manage ongoing enhancements to our Enterprise Platform and associated products. While the SimSage Platform and Products are already functionally-rich, enhancements are primarily driven from customer and market demand and feedback.
As Product Manager, you will be the voice of the market and the customers/users, preparing and managing our Product Roadmap(s). You will be primarily responsible for the full Productisation of all software/code including UX and full documentation, and will contribute to our approach with respect to Product Pricing. A You will develop and maintain a good understanding of competitive market products and help us to continue to develop a Competitive Advantage.
The ability to ‘take the lead’ where necessary, yet work well in a team environment, and being comfortable in engaging with customers and a range of SimSage and customer stakeholders is essential.
While the role is currently considered part-time, and may suit the Applicant to operate as an independent Consultant rather than a part-time employee as-such, it has the potential to grow into a full-time position. If an Applicant has wider skills and experience, such as in Business Analysis, Customer-Implementation Project Management, or Service Delivery, the role may quickly evolve to a multi-disciplinary full-time one – such is the nature of start-ups!
While the role is likely fairly easily managed remotely, some proximity to our R&D centre in Cambridge is desirable if possible, as occasional face-to-face meetings are important, and will assist with building the team.
The role will report to the CEO, but will also work closely with our CTO and co-founder who invented the SimSage Platform, and also with our Business Development Manager and UX consultant. However, you will also work collaboratively with other members of the team and our Partners and Customers.
You will be involved with all facets of on-going development, productionisation, enhancement and support of SimSage’s Platform and Products, and your ideas for improvement to the Products and the way they function and operate are essential. In particular:
- Developing and Managing the Product Roadmap(s).
- Run user interviews to discover insights.
- Assisting with Product feature planning, design, and architecture.
- Facilitating meetings/workshops to work through product issues, requirements.
- A key role in the preparation and running of Product demos.
- Ensuring the full productization of all Products, including UX, and documentation.
- Maintaining a knowledge and understanding of Competitor Products and recommending where SimSage can gain Competitive Advantage.
- Assisting with developing competitive Pricing models.
- Project Management of development sprints, including cost-estimates of sprints and progress against plan and budget.
- Reporting on progress-to-plan on a weekly basis.
You will also be required to carry out more mundane tasks including writing ‘connectors’, server scripts, tools for analysing data, and assisting with customer support, but this last requirement provides insight into how our customers engage with our Products and may include support to Sales from time-to-time; it is an essential component of the role to remain customer-focused at all times.
Benefits of the Role
- Competitive remuneration – to be negotiated and agreed.
- The opportunity to join, and work with, a fast-growth, highly-innovative and experienced start-up team (we have done this successfully before!)
- The opportunity to contribute to, and to influence, the future direction of a highly-innovative product-set.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or close equivalent).
- At least three years of experience within a Product team (ideally SaaS-based).
- Sound experience with all facets of Product Management and able to demonstrate previous experience and successes.
- Client facing; communicating directly with clients both written and in person.
- UX research/design; an appreciation of how users interact with products, how to map and measure these journeys and the ability to improve them. You might have some experience with wireframing too
- Project planning; aptitude at managing many moving parts and conflicting stakeholders requirements.
- Specification writing; translating designs or requirements into user stories to help developers with the builds.
- You are passionate about what you do.
- You are inquisitive and detail-oriented.
- You are hands-on and pro-active (while the technology is mature and the company is earning early revenues, this IS a Start-Up)
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator.
- You have a good sense of humour.
- You are proud of your work and strive for a high-quality output.
- You are open to both receiving and providing constructive feedback.
- You are able to work independently and also as a team player; you get on well with people.
- Please email us with your CV and a brief personal introduction outlining why you are interested in this role with SimSage and why you believe you are the right person for the job.
- We will respond to all applications. Those selected for a short-list will then attend an initial meeting per Zoom.