We are looking for an individual who is excited about the future of travel and wants to be involved in shaping and growing a startup that empowers women to create new friendships.
Amica is a friendship app for women travelling solo. The Amica App is centred on empowering women to feel secure during their solo travels by making meaningful connections with like-minded travellers along the way.
We believe that this will transform the way women travel. We are excited to welcome a passionate individual into the early-stages of our journey.
Remote working for the foreseeable future; no preferred location of applicant.
We are looking for a hands-on product manager who loves diving into the technical details while also driving the overall strategy. You’ll be the lead and authority on all product related, focusing on building, innovating, testing and be tasked with the overall success and delivery of our product.
- Lead on product development, establishing and evolving the roadmap while directing implementation.
- Oversee product strategy, constantly pivoting according to user need and opportunities for growth.
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Ensuring development and deployment are completed on time and to budget.
- Oversee source code and UI/UX to maintain high-quality product.
- Defining metrics to track and optimise consumer experience.
- Gathering and actioning technical requirements for new features and third-party integrations.
- Growing in a culture of constant improvement and evolution.
- Knowledge and experience of React Native Mobile Framework, iOS (Objective-C, Swift) and Android (Java).
- Understanding of back-end tools (Laravel PHP framework and RESTful API).
- Experience using MySQL.
- Understanding of Jenkins, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes is desirable.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to independently lead projects, while enjoying collaboration in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to constantly improve and optimise product.
- Very strong communication skills; ability to convey complex concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Experience communicating with investors.
The Head of Product will be a member of the early team. The role will be compensated via equity initially. Once investment is secured, the role will be compensated via equity + salary, with the opportunity to evolve to a CPO role.