Thanks for checking out our job posting for the role of People Ops Manager at PerchPeek. You’ve already taken a tiny step towards being a part of our team - huzzah!
We know that taking your next career step is as exciting as it can be scary. So, with that in mind, we’ve tried to keep our description simple and bull***t free to help you decide if PerchPeek and this role are a good match for you. We’ve tried to avoid using too many clichés but sometimes they sum it up nicely, so you’ll just have to wince and forgive us.
Who are PerchPeek?
Have you ever moved to another city or town, or even changed countries? Did you manage to do it worry and stress free (no eye rolling or swearing!)? Or if you haven’t ever relocated, how do you feel about the prospect of figuring it all out on your own? Finding a new home, sorting out shipping your stuff, organising utilities and bank accounts etc… The list of things to think about goes on and on. No matter where in the world you go, relocating is a crappy process that’s always time intensive and stressful. Perchpeek was conceived to change that.
PerchPeek’s aim is to guide people through every stage of their relocation. Our fundamental belief is that we can use technology to make moving simpler, faster, more secure and even enjoyable. By combining our platform with our awesome Relocation Coaches we guide people throughout their journey. We start with helping them decide where to live and only finish when they are settled into their new home and community. You can find out more by checking out our website.
What’s next for PerchPeek?
We know what you’re thinking - surely nobody is relocating at the moment? Well, you’re partly right, Covid-19 certainly threw some interesting curveballs our way. But we’ve continued to hit some fantastic home runs and over the past 12 months have actually expanded our operations into over 20+ countries, raised our Seed funding round from top investors and quadrupled the size of the company. (Normal startup protocol would dictate that we put a rocket emoji in at this point, but we promised minimal cliches so... 🎈🎈).
We’ve gone from being a scrappy 6 person startup in September 2020 to having over 50 Perchies as of September 2021. As we continue to experience hyper growth, we’re hiring our first People Ops Manager to help continue building PerchPeek as an exceptional place to work. Join the pandemonium!
Here’s a brief overview of what the People Ops Manager will be doing:
The core objective for this role: make sure we attract and retain sensational Perchies.
Everything you do will underpin this objective so if it’s not on the list, but you can think of it, then it’s likely you’ll be doing it! Here are the basics though:
- Employee experience - you’ll be the first hire into our People team & so will be responsible for building out an incredible employee experience at every stage of their Perchy journey - from candidate experience to onboarding to ongoing comp & ben cycles
- Training & Development - we have a generous $2k learning budget per employee at PerchPeek and you’ll help people to find relevant courses and ensure adoption among employees.
- People Support - you’ll be helping to smooth out people issues and drive them through to fair conclusions as and when they arise
- Cultural Ambassador - whilst we’re a remote first team, we love bringing PerchPods together both virtually & in person where possible. You’ll have budget and opportunity to help organise Perchy events and create memorable get togethers
- People Strategy - you’ll be the first people hire at one of the UK’s fastest growing startups. Whilst there will be a lot of setting up processes from scratch, you’ll also be responsible for our overall people strategy, how we look to engage existing Perchies & ultimately become a Talent magnet
You should join us if:
Our core values align to your own values. These really matter to us, so we need them to matter to you. Before you consider applying, please take the time to think whether you’re ready to commit to each of them every day. You can check them out here.
In terms of the type of person we’re looking for:
- Organised & Efficient: “If you want something done, ask a busy person.” We need you to be able to thrive when spinning 10 plates at once. (If you literally know how to spin plates then please include in your cover letter - our CEO’s a big fan of magic and similar skills!)
- Curious - as the first person in the team, we’ll be looking for you to be constantly learning from other startups (we will help connect you!), borrowing best practices and helping install a best in class people function within PerchPeek
- Think Big: as the first dedicated People hire, there's a huge opportunity to shape the function in your image and grow the team individually. We want you to embrace this chance and go big.
- Empathetic: we have a hugely diverse team at PerchPeek across over a dozen countries. Being able to put yourself in others shoes & understand different points of view is critical in this role
- Adaptable: as a startup, life day to day can change and twist and turn, you’ll need to be not only comfortable in a constantly changing and ambiguous environment, but also actively enjoy the variety of challenges that will be thrown at you
- 2+ years experience in a People Ops role or similar experience (ideally within a Scale Up / Start Up environment)
- Detail oriented - high performance in this role will be intrinsically linked to caring about every single Perchy & their employee experience. With a remote & sprawling team, you’ll need to be focussed to achieve this.
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills with a track record of being able to multitask and drive forward multiple initiatives at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner
- Comfortable working autonomously and has previously demonstrated a strong level of comfort in driving projects forward, but is equally a team player through and through
- Experience of working with HR systems such as ATS’ and HRIS’ is a bonus.
We are open to applications from candidates with or without relocation experience, those already in operations or customer facing roles, and also candidates who are looking for a new career direction.
What are the PerchPerks?
- We provide super competitive salaries and regular reviews
- Company options - alongside the salary, most of our packages include valuable employee options so that you can own part of PerchPeek too
- Unlimited holidays so that when you’re working you’re charged up bringing your all
- Annual $2k learning & development budget - so you can get some structured and proactive growth outside of your core role
- Work From Anywhere - Perchpeek is a Remote First company that allows employees to work wherever they feel comfortable. Everyone gets an allowance to ensure their working environment suits them - wherever in the world you’d like that to be!
- Recharge days - take a day off to recharge, no questions asked.
- External mental health support access - because we can’t always all be on our A game and that’s ok.
- Time spent turning colleagues into friends (corny but we don’t care) - Socials, team days and an annual reTREAT
- Experience growing an early stage startup that’s raised over $3m in VC funding and getting to work with a strong Founding Team that care about culture
- Free stuffed Perchies (parrots) and parrot themed games
- If there’s something else you need support on, we’re open to discussions too
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability - we want to hear from you!
Please share your CV, as well as a short cover letter. We’re not looking for you to spend hours crafting it, keep it brief, a couple of short paragraphs at most. We just want to hear why you think PerchPeek and this role are interesting and how you think you could knock it out the park - don’t be shy, we’re all ears!
You’ll hear back from us and if you’ve been successful you’ll be invited for a short Zoom call with one of the PerchPeek team so we can get to know each other a bit better. Afterwards, if we think we might be well matched, then we’ll be doing a round of interviews and maybe a challenge before making our final decision.
We hope you’re as excited to apply as we are to hear from you - Good luck!