Lyfta is an award-winning immersive learning platform for real-life stories from around the world, that bring learning to life.
We are looking for a brilliant Multimedia Assistant, who will work in our Content Team and across our growing organisation to create beautiful and memorable learning experiences for students. Part of being on this team is a love for building a product you’re proud to share with your friends and family.
We strive to create highly engaging, high-quality immersive learning content. You’ll be a part of a team that’s at the forefront of innovation in pedagogy, media, design and technology. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys working within a fast-paced start-up environment as part of a phenomenal team working together to grow Lyfta into a formidable global education company.
Role description & responsibilities
As Multimedia Assistant you will be joining our small, cross-functional Content Team, who produce films, immersive, multimedia and pedagogical content for our users. The team consists of Head of Educational Content, Production Manager and Content Producer and is headed by the Chief Content Officer. You’ll directly report to the Production Manager. The role will be primarily supporting Lyfta’s content production but will also include any creative or technical tasks required by other teams, such as sales, engagement and marketing.
The Multimedia Assistant is the perfect role for a creative, and technically proficient self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects at a time. The Multimedia Assistant is responsible for filming and editing a wide range of audiovisual content for different platforms; supporting any audiovisual content production needs across the company; and assisting on technical and administrative tasks as required.
Skills and experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in working in a film, TV or multimedia environment
- Strong visual storytelling skills, with the ability to craft engaging short form video content, comfortable editing in traditional and non-traditional video formats (e.g. mobile, 360 video)
- Technical and creative proficiency with various cameras (UHD cameras, DSLRs through to mobile phone), lighting setups, and sound recording
- Strong understanding of each stage of the production process, especially lighting, camera work, video editing and further post-production workflows
- Proficiency in photo editing and colour grading
- Proficiency in Full Adobe Suite, especially Premiere Pro, Adobe Media Encoder, After Effects & Photoshop.
- Strong organisational and file management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with music licensing and archive platforms
- Knowledge of Production and Post-Production administration
- Awareness of environmental and sociocultural issues
- A passion for social change and an understanding of the educational technology (Ed Tech) industry
- Illustrator, InDesign and Audition skills
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Lovely, bright office space in Islington with good coffee and tea :)
- Flexible working (a mixture of office and remote work)
- Lunch allowance on office days
- Annual team retreats and regular team events
- High spec work laptop, headset and all the necessary software
How to apply
Please apply by sending a CV along with a covering letter, explaining why you would like to work at Lyfta and stating how your skills and experience match the description for this role.
Include your portfolio or trailer (or selection of short clips), that showcase your filming or editing work. We will not be reviewing applications that do not include a portfolio as an attachment or as a link.
No contacts from agencies please.
Deadline for applications: 29th October 2021
Our recruitment process has three main steps:
- A short introductory chat to review your interest in the role, tell you a little about Lyfta, set expectations, and go over the interview process.
- A take-home task will be emailed to you with a detailed brief, that you will be asked to complete by a certain time.
- An in-depth interview where you’ll get the chance to meet a few more people on our team, we get to know more about you and your experience.
Dates for each step will be scheduled after we have reviewed applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.