Who we are
Mention Me is the Referral Engineering™ platform for growth-obsessed ecommerce brands. Our world-class programmes have delivered more than 4m referrals totalling £1bn+ in revenue for 450+ brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2013, we now employ more than 90 specialists and work with brands including Farfetch, Bloom & Wild and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and a Bronze Stevie for Customer Service Team of the Year.
Are you a passionate problem solver who wants to change the world of digital marketing forever? Are you someone who lives to build awesome products? Are you obsessive about delivering the ultimate customer experience across marketing channels? Are you excited by the application of AI and ML in creating the Martech SaaS platform of tomorrow, today? If so then this role may be the one for you!
We are hiring a Senior Product Manager who has strong proven experience working as part of a successful team solving problems for today's digital consumers. We are looking for someone who has deep experience of the entire software development lifecycle from ideation through post launch. We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering MLP (Minimum Lovable Products) and then evolving these to dominate the market. We are looking for someone who is commercially aware and understands how to track ROI of our investments.
You will be part of a cross-functional and autonomous product team that is empowered to come up with the best solutions to our customer’s problems following the INSPIRED product process (from svpg.com). You will be responsible for driving the team to run continuous discovery and iterative delivery and ensure we drive key results for the business.
Alongside a brilliant team of engineers, UX designers and UX researchers you will own key strategic bets from our product vision and help drive Mention Me to the next level. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for digital transformation and working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment.
How you would contribute
- Bring in strategic direction, domain knowledge and customer insights into the team to ensure they reach the best solution together.
- Serve as the Martech subject matter expert for the team keeping up to date with the latest innovations across the Martech landscape.
- Translate the product vision and business strategy into an outcome-based roadmap for your team calling out the key themes and problems to solve now, next and in the future (we don’t believe in feature-driven roadmaps)
- Actively validate customer’s problems via continuous discovery, research and experimentation (you’ll be talking to clients)
- Understand the minimum viable product, prioritise what is needed for launch to learn as quickly as possible by going through these key stages: Testable, Usable, Loveable.
- Manage the team’s backlog (you’ll be pushing for more and encouraging your team to deliver)
- Agree and track metrics which show our ROI on the products and features we build
- Work closely with product marketing to ensure we not only build awesome software but also launch it successfully to the market
Essential skills and experience you would bring to Mention Me:
- Minimum 7 years of product management experience in an agile environment, including delivery of entire features from ideation to delivery
- Previous experience working in SaaS martech
- Experience managing and/or mentoring other product managers
- Detail oriented, proactive, and capable of thinking strategically
- Having a keen eye for what makes a good customer experience and being comfortable with UX processes. Experience working very hands-on with UX designers.
- Experience owning a product strategy and defining product roadmaps
- Excellent analytical skills, being able to set leading metrics for success
- Experience working in a cross-functional team, facilitating brainstorming and ideation sessions
- Confidence running client interviews and usability sessions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Being able to communicate clearly to different levels of stakeholders, whether it's the C-level, the whole company or to the external client base.
- Confidence to present to the entire company and be the product evangelist
Any proven experience in the following areas would be a bonus:
- Good understanding of fundamentals for optimising a user’s journey for conversion in a B2C or B2B context
- Experience working as part of an empowered, cross functional product team, in an Inspired product process
- Familiarity with AB testing techniques
- Experience in product analytics tools like Google Analytics, Pendo or Posthog
- Familiarity with dual track agile methodology
Your career progression at Mention Me:
To help you carve out a successful career, we’ll provide the following:
- £2,000 annual learning and development budget
- Mentoring scheme with one of our Senior Leaders
As Product Manager you’ll also:
- Take ownership of your team’s product roadmap and strategy
- Work closely with your fellow product managers to share best practices
- Drive process improvements into the product teams based on prior experience
We’ll measure your success with quarterly goals and milestones, as well as biannual reviews, so you always know what’s expected and can accurately reflect on performance with your manager.
Here’s why you should join us:
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
You can expect:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an extra day off for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As well as:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders’ Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage lunch breaks, regularly work from home, and are open to flexible working
- Weekly online yoga classes
- Sessions with a qualified therapist through Spill
- An amazing office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events, from chocolate-tasting and pottery-making, to poker nights and picnics
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass
Diversity, equity and inclusion
We celebrate every Mentioneer, exactly as they are. We don’t shy away from breaking down systemic discrimination in society, or from difficult conversations and decisions. We’re committed to being a force for change.
The same goes for our recruitment. We welcome every application, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socioeconomic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you’d like to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Mention Me, get in touch.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be our new Senior Product Manager? Apply now.
We can’t wait to receive your application. In the meantime, feel free to check us out on LinkedIn and Glassdoor or drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.