With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
The Software Engineering team is focused on applying engineering rigour and innovative design to the BenevolentAI software platform. We embrace a modern microservice architecture on Kubernetes in order to orchestrate a machine learning platform that empowers drug discovery.
- Grow and lead a small team of software engineers.
- Design and build software to solve complex data requirements and user needs across biology, chemistry, AI, and data science.
- Promote engineering best practices, such as: code reviews, test-driven development, pair programming, etc.
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures for software development.
- Basic understanding of distributed systems and/or machine learning.
- Experience working with at least one of the following software systems:
- databases, APIs, microservice architectures
- Experience in at least one of the following software domains:
- backend development, data processing pipelines
- Proven track record of building software with a focus on the user. Experience building large applications, working with big data, and setting standards for code quality and test-driven development.
- Experience working in a team of diverse skills, including working with non-technical peers. Excellent communicator, especially when working with colleagues from other specialities.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.