Role: Senior Porting and Numbering Agent
Location: Bristol / Remote working 2 x per month in the office
Fancy the chance to join a long-standing, expert telecoms company who are on a mission to create positive change in the industry? You would have the opportunity to collaborate with a skilled team specialising in number porting and work with our senior stakeholders in the industry. This team is responsible for a number of huge positive changes that are currently happening with some of the UKs biggest telecoms companies and across the industry.
We are looking for an experienced porting agent to become a valued member of our Porting team, which forms part of our overall Operations team. Whilst doing this you will support and enhance Simwood’s reputation and take initiative where applicable to aid in resolving any complexities in a timely and efficient manner.
What your day to day will look like:
- Day to day operation of the porting desk;
- Constant communication with a variety of parties (internal and external stakeholders; other service providers; other members of the operations team; customers etc.
- Managing and responding to tickets using Simwood ticketing and project management systems
- Liaising with customers through complex porting requests while handling all other porting enquiries adhering to industry SLAs
- Adaptability to occasionally work alongside the other Operations team(s) where needed
- Retain a strong understanding of porting knowledge by means of attending Industry wide meetings, regular reviewing of industry documents etc
- Advise, provide training and feedback to level 1 porting staff when appropriate
- While not a “day to day” task, ensure many areas remain up to date such as: SuperCUPID documentation; establishing new industry documentation; completion of ISO (9001, 27001) clauses; completing number audits; maintaining 999 data records etc.
As a Porting and Numbering Agent you will need:
- Knowledge of the Geographic Number Portability End to End Process Manual
- To understand the Rules and Regulations surrounding Letters of Authorisation
- To be IT literate (we use Microsoft products)
- Understanding of POV processes, Porting agreements / Service establishments, Emergency Services Data etc would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of number porting from within a telecoms company
- A basic understanding of telecoms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate and confidently present ideas to drive positive changes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Patience, and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A strong initiative and accountability
We put our people first and care about our culture. We have a holistic approach to employment tailored to individual needs including flexible working hours and remote working.
We value and encourage our team to take initiative, be proactive and hold themselves and others accountable. We support your career through both on the job experience and formal learning and development opportunities. We’re an innovation-driven and straight-talking telephony provider to wholesale, enterprise, reseller and businesses. We’ve been doing this for 25 years and our business practices have always been built on transparency. We champion a fair and open telecommunications marketplace and we strongly advocate for the protection of our customers’ interest.
The telecoms industry is transforming with VoIP becoming mature in the marketplace and full fibre broadband coverage increasing too. We have our own network and continue to develop our own hosted VoIP platform so we’re well placed to continue our growth in a new era.
Simwood is a vibrant company looking for staff who are highly motivated with a can-do attitude. The reward and recognition of our team is very important to us and we offer the following perks:
- 28 days of annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Private health insurance
- + varying benefits including half price gym membership
- Death in service
- Share options
- Kitchen with snacks
- Car washing
- Haircuts at the Office
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Our values underpin our culture, so it is important you can demonstrate the following: