Buy Me Once is changing the way we shop. Through rigorous research, we find, curate and sell the longest lasting products in the world across a core category offer.
This is an opportunity to join us at an exciting and critical time for the company as we scale. We’re looking for someone to pitch in and play a key role during one of the busiest trading times of year.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Customer Service Assistant responsible for giving our customers a fantastic experience with Buy Me Once in the run up to the crucial festive period and beyond.
The ideal candidate will have an innately customer focused mindset, with the ability to confidently communicate with our customers across multiple channels. We need someone with a strong understanding of retail customer service, with the skills to deliver not only a first rate customer experience, but also the ability to work confidently across multiple processes and systems making a background in either e-commerce or retail highly beneficial. The business is growing fast – a positive attitude, strong organisational skills and a calm, productive approach to problem-solving will be essential as we enter the next critical phase.
Our business model is a blend of wholesale and dropship, meaning we both hold stock at our warehouse and send orders directly to brand partners to fulfill. We need someone able to understand and navigate our different processes, whilst communicating with our warehouse partner, brand partners, the Buy Me Once team and, crucially, our customers, to quickly and efficiently resolve issues.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering an excellent customer experience through customer care and sales support across multiple channels, and across both our regions, UK and USA
- Responding to customer contacts via email, review platforms and across social media
- Contacting customers by phone to advise and support where necessary
- Liaising with internal product team to maintain a high level of product knowledge
- Support in developing and optimising existing processes
- Support with onboarding and implementation of content management system
- Act as a key point of contact for our outsource customer service support team
- Liaise with both brand and distribution partners to answer queries and resolve challenges where necessary
- Occasionally update product listings in the Shopify backend
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Customer service experience is essential. E-commerce and/or retail experience is a real bonus.
- Experience with Shopify, Zen Desk or similar customer service CMS a bonus
- Tech savvy and digitally competent – ability to quickly pick up and use different softwares, including Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
- Customer centric and service driven mindset
- Understanding of retail customer service processes such as returns, exchanges etc.
- Basic understanding of shipping carriers and tracking links
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, hard working and diligent
- Competitive salary with share option package
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holiday days
- Competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies
- Flexible working policies
- Staff discount on all Buy Me Once products and a Gift card on Christmas and Birthdays
- Join a great, friendly team ready to change the world!
This role is available immediately
Flexible working between home and our Waterloo office
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK, and have the ability to travel to our central London office a minimum of twice a week.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV & cover letter with the answer to the following questions (max. 200 words each question):
- Tell us what good customer service means to you.
- Share an example of a time when you have gone above and beyond for a customer.
- Tell us about the customer service systems you’ve used previously; how have they helped you to deliver an elevated customer experience?