We make it easy for distributed teams across global businesses to access workspace — from an hour to a whole day — anywhere in the world, at the touch of a button.
We reduce commutes, and give people more choice and autonomy in where they work, and in doing so, reduce real estate overhead for their employers by drastically increasing workspace efficiency.
The last year has been like a shot out of a cannon; we’ve grown rapidly to over 40 countries because there has never been a greater need for the way companies work to evolve. We’re building the technology infrastructure to facilitate this evolution, and have been joined by an amazing team to help us deliver it to some of the world’s most exciting businesses.
About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced contract manager to join our Operations team.
We’re live in over 40 countries, and are onboarding some of the world's largest companies as customers. This means that our commercial model is rapidly evolving, and becoming increasingly complex. Working with our customer and global supply teams, you’ll ensure that contracts with customers and partners are compliant, fit for purpose, and mitigate risk to the business, particularly as we continue to grow.
It’s your chance to have a huge impact in a rapidly scaling business that is fundamentally challenging the way companies think about workspace.
- Manage all contract agreements, ensuring they are legally compliant and commercially viable for Desana.
- Be the main contact for both customers and suppliers for all of contractual issues.
- Draft, negotiate, and implement new contracts, amendments, renewals, and terminations.
- Maintain current contracts and terms, ensuring that they consistently evolve to reflect our services, product offering and pricing structure.
- Ensure that all existing customer and supplier contracts are always up-to-date and negotiate amendments to existing terms with stakeholders.
- Collaborating with our external legal team where needed , preparing standalone comments, negotiating terms, coordinating and managing both internal stakeholders and representatives of third parties with the aim of reaching agreement on contract terms.
- Work closely with Account Managers to obtain information from potential customers, and to assist with negotiation of terms within agreed parameters.
- Continuously review (and where necessary implement or amend) the systems surrounding all aspects of the contracts process.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of relevant regulatory frameworks and considerations both within the UK and overseas.
- Strong experience with commercial contracts and/or legal documents - ideally with 5 or more years of experience in a legal or commercial role
- Able to analyse contract management information, manage contract performance and support commercial decision-making.
- A qualification in law, MCIPS or equivalent.
- An effective communicator, with the ability to draft clearly and concisely, and to adapt contract language to reflect business requirements and/or agreed terms
- Organised and detail orientated.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- You love to learn and continually develop yourself and your wider team.
- You enjoy having fun, work well with others and are a team player.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Based in a timezone between UTC+0 and UTC+3.
Your career and progression are massively important to us.
That’s why we’re building complete career progression transparency—mapping salaries and company share options to every stage of your development—so that you know exactly how you can progress, and how much you’ll be paid when you achieve your goals. We also happen to be a leading company in one of the biggest market changes in history…
Salary and Progression
Pay and Share Options have always been a bit of a dark art.
We strongly believe the dark needs some light. That’s why we’re building tools to facilitate complete salary transparency and progression paths so that you’ll always know how you can grow and what it will mean when you do. You can find that at https://bit.ly/-Desana-SalCalc
It doesn't matter who you are and what your background is - so long as you have the right skills and are a great team player, we believe that you should be paid fairly and the same as everyone else at your level.
Based on our framework (which computes above average salaries for your role across a number of sources and applies factors to account for things like your experience, seniority and location), your salary for this role will be between £44,364 - £58,650 depending on your experience and location. Benefits
Here’s what we have for your so far (but we want to add to our benefits all the time as we grow)
Your salary Plus regular salary reviews measured against transparent, clearly defined milestones and market benchmarks. With company performance related bonuses - when we do well, you do well. Not to mention Share Options in our company that grow as you do.
🤸 Flexible working hours
We’re a company built around the idea of flexible working. We don’t just sell the dream, we live it. As long as you’re hitting your targets & covering your contracted hours we’re easy about when you work - it’s what works best for you.
🌏 Work Remotely
You’ll get free access to the Desana app to work from wherever’s most convenient or best for you. Anywhere. Or if working from home makes most sense for you, then feel free to work from home. Just know that you’ll have the option to use any of the spaces in our network.
You’ll officially get 28 days in your contract. Unofficially, we’re pretty relaxed. If you’re doing a great job and not taking the mickey, who’s counting? Also, take your birthday off, no questions.
Meaningful work with people who care. We work with you to set and achieve your professional and personal goals. Friday afternoons are dedicated to personal development - read, meet with mentors, listen to Podcasts, jump on YouTube - but there’s one catch: it has to be relevant to your role & we want to hear what you’ve been learning so we can all benefit and grow too. Personal budgets for books, training courses and conferences for everyone.
We offer a 4% employer contribution (we pay you 100% of your salary, then 4% extra into your pension). We use SMART Pensions because they invest in passive Index Funds that are relatively low cost - meaning they should (note the emphasis on should) provide better returns than actively managed funds in the long-term. We’ll automatically enrol you but you can choose to opt-out if you’d like.
Like most companies at the moment, our team is entirely remote, and so is our interview process. You’ll need access to a device for video calls and a good internet connection.
- Initial application (short questionnaire that’ll tell us a bit about you)
- Initial video call (30 minutes)
- A short test that’s related to the challenges we face at Desana
- Role specific interview (1 hour)