Kickstart - Finance and Administrative Assistant
MiiCare are taking part in the UK Government’s Kickstart Scheme which is part of the Chancellor’s plan for jobs. The scheme offers young people, who are at risk of long-term unemployment, the opportunity to take part in a work placement where they will develop new skills to enable them to move into sustained employment at the end of the programme.
To apply for a Kickstart role with MiiCare you must:
- Have been referred by your Job Centre Plus Work Coach.
- Be aged 16-24 years old and in receipt of Universal Credit.
- Be able to work for 25 hours per week.
Please note we are not able to progress any applications for candidates who do not meet the above criteria and checks will be made to confirm eligibility.
Our Kickstart role is an exciting opportunity comprising of a 6-month paid work placement with MiiCare, which will give you an opportunity to apply your ‘can do’ attitude whilst developing your timekeeping, communication, organisational and team working skills.
We're looking for a Finance and Admin Assistant to join our team at MiiCare.
The Administrative Assistant will work with the Operations Manager to support on day-to-day finance and business administration tasks. This may include some administration for the rest of the management team, including expenses processing.
We are looking for someone who is reliable, self-motivated and is eager to take on challenges presented by financial administration in a start-up environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to get hands-on business administration experience as well as learn how to work remotely with a dynamic, experienced, and diverse team.
- Completion of basic finance tasks, including data entry and some analysis
- Oversight of the finance email inbox to assist with supplier invoice queries in a timely manner, chasing late payments when necessary
- Verifying completeness and accuracy of employee expense reports
- Document and file organisation, uploading all invoices and receipts on our accounting system
- Support with procurement activities such as identifying suppliers and requesting quotes
- Liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers
- General management team support
- Office admin support, once we re-open
We are currently working remotely with plans to return to office-working later in the year.
- Applicants should have a degree in one of the following subjects: Business Studies, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or a related degree.
- Experience with Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel etc.) required; accounting software (Xero) a plus
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
The candidate will be provided with a robust induction which includes clear explanation of the role they are employed in, an overview of what support they can expect and what expectations there are of their basic work skills.
The candidate will be directly line managed by the Operations Manager who will be responsible for setting clear expectations with regards to attendance, timekeeping and general employability skills. This line manager will meet regularly with the young person providing them with support and feedback with regards to their performance. This support will be provided throughout the job placement.
Additionally, MiiCare’s Kickstart gateway will ensure support for long term employability of young people through Kickstart Scheme job placements and would help in developing their skills in terms of attendance, timekeeping, communication, teamwork and travelling to work. Training and mentoring sessions would be provided by professional business leaders and trainers covering all the topics from general to specific business related as well.
We will ensure that we are equipped enough to provide all the above-mentioned facilities to the young people and help them develop all the necessary skill set. We have also made arrangements for providing the candidates sufficient online courses and in-person training which will help them in developing their skills and be job ready.