We are on a mission to make peer-to-peer transactions mainstream. 90% of users buying and selling phones in peer-to-peer marketplaces have been scammed or have been approached by a scammer. Using machine learning and a network of verifiers at vendi we are solving this massive problem. We want more people to reuse devices between themselves safely.
About the role:
We are looking for an Operations Manager to contribute to the fast growth of the company. vendi is currently headquartered in central London where the UK team is based. As an Ops manager you will work at the office to help on product verification, logistics, process improvement, and customer support with the rest of the Ops team.
This role will also entail handling relationships with sellers and buyers, scaling the verification network, and getting more products into the platform. This role is a unique opportunity to gain insights into a startup during the early stages of growth. We need someone who learns fast, is self-motivated, and passionate about the problem we are solving!
You will work directly with the founders of the company and the rest of the team in London but also have access and connect with the team in India. The company is experiencing strong growth so it is a great opportunity to grow and build your professional skills in a quick changing environment.
The role is full time but we are flexible with allowing some days to work from home.
Your skills / criteria:
- Passionate about making marketplaces safe and help to contribute into the circular economy
- Organised, process oriented and people driven
- Creative and hard worker - lots to do!
- No need of many years of experience but some is always good
- Bonus: Buyer / seller in marketplaces like Gumtree, eBay, Facebook Marketplace
- Start-up competitive and option to get equity!