Ikigai Data, a careers data and insights startup, is growing and looking for a scrappy, curious and highly attentive human to join as data engineering intern for an initial three months period. The contract comes with the opportunity to extend this to a permanent contract from Jan 2021. The engineer will be a key member of our small team and will be building Ikigai Data's new recommendation model, informing jobs and career transitions starting from thousands of jobs and hundreds of job characteristics.
Details of the opportunity:
- 3 months of full time work.
- Remote work.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Explore our current data set to extract and standardise new features that can be used as query dimensions.
- Build robust models for a recommendation algorithm based on several characteristics.
- Use any natural language processing techniques needed, from simple regular expressions to vector embeddings.
- Collaboratively work on testing and refining the recommendation algorithm in rapid, subsequent sprints.
- You should have some hands-on experience in data engineering.
- You are curious, a self-starter and with the mission of improving people's lives.
Nice to have:
- Experience with natural language processing, ontologies, Python and/or Kotlin.
- Experience in the recruitment industry and/or familiarity with occupational taxonomies.
- Ability to build infrastructure to implement the developed model/algorithm, as this can be done by our Tech Lead.