About Hello Lamp Post
Hello Lamp Post helps governments and organisations make cities into more human-friendly places by engaging with citizens at a hyper-local level in a fun and playful way.
Hello Lamp Post is a unique chat-based platform that can give a “voice” to any kind of place, space or street object (post boxes, park benches, parking meters and - of course - lamp posts).
Users are invited to strike up chats with objects powered by our custom-made conversational AI via SMS, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp on their mobile devices.
The objects that people talk to are friendly and inquisitive. They can share helpful information, like bus times and parking instructions, as well as ask interesting questions and share what other people have said.
Our backend aggregates the opinions that users have shared, and we turn these into insights for decision makers. Our clients choose us because we can expand their reach within the community, broaden the diversity of feedback, increase communication and decision making efficiency and improve community wellbeing.
Our Story So Far
Hello Lamp Post has been growing rapidly since we incorporated in 2018. So far this year over 20 new clients have subscribed to our services and our team has doubled in size. Hello Lamp Post is being used in places around the world including Westminster Council, MediaCity, The London Olympic Park, Vancouver, Sydney and more.
We are members of Facebook’s LDN_LAB and Microsoft’s ‘AI for Good’ accelerator alumni. In 2020 we were a finalist in The Mayor of London’s Civic Innovation Challenge, and are now a member of Wayra’s 2021 5PRING accelerator cohort.
- - -
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and talented designer to help shape the way we visually present ourselves and how we communicate our service and vision with our customers and users. This role involves working across multiple departments: promotional materials for sales and marketing; signage that will exist in cities around the world; interface design and data presentation that helps communicate back to clients the most important findings.
Reports to Head of Product.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Graphic Design
- Helping develop the company brand
- Promotional and instructional signage for print and outdoor screens
- Documents and materials for clients, investors and partners
- Visual mockups for pitch presentations
- Digital graphics for web and promotional channels
- Responsive web design
- Including data presentation, forms and other interactive elements
- Working with our back-end developer to make our tools helpful and easy to use
The following are desired but not required:
- Illustration and icon design
- Basic photography
- Film editing
- Simple animation design
Salary & Benefits
- Gain experience and build a portfolio quickly by working on a broad and quickly changing range of visual projects
- The opportunity to help shape every aspect of a business identity from the ground up
- Work with experienced creative leaders who have a background in design
- Flexible and remote working
- Open and collaborative working environment
- Friendly and sociable team
….we’d love to hear from you if you like the sound of any of the above.