Predatech is a cyber security company that focus on penetration testing as well as delivering Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus assessments. Our mission is to help ensure that all organisations can access high-quality and competitively priced cyber security services, and since launching in 2020 we’ve worked with a range of great clients, including some household names.
In order to deliver our mission, we are searching for great people who share our passion for cyber security and are dedicated to delivering a great customer experience.
Predatech is also home of the British Data Awards and has been featured in publications including Infosec Magazine, Information Age & Lifewire.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with IT experience to join our team as a Cyber Security Consultant. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT professional keen to take their first steps into building a career in cyber security.
The successful candidate will be part of a small and ambitious team, and this will mean that you will help to shape the future of the company. Full training and mentorship will be provided and the successful candidate will be supported to gain a range of cyber security certifications.
As a Cyber Security Consultant, you will help organisations to improve their security posture. You will be key to helping organisations achieve Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certifications and will also have the opportunity to help drive the development of the business and its core service offerings. Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus assessments for new and existing clients
- Providing clear communication to clients throughout the end-to-end certification process including technical support
- Helping to deliver a great customer experience
- Supporting the growth and development of Predatech’s cyber security business
- Assisting with penetration testing activities such as open-source intelligence gathering
Who We're Looking For:
The following skills and experience are essential for the role:
- 3 years or more of general IT or cyber security experience
- Real passion for cyber security and the enthusiasm to learn more
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of networking, including how DNS and NAT work at a high level
- Proficiency with modern Microsoft Windows operating systems, including installing and uninstalling software, adding users, and configuring system settings
In addition, the following would be desirable:
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments or using Nessus
- Experience delivering Cyber Essentials/Cyber Essentials Plus assessments
- Experience with ISO27001 or IASME Governance
- Cyber security certifications such as OSCP, CEH, Comptia Security+, CREST, CISM
What We Can Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience (guide: £25-32k)
- Performance bonus
- In-house training and mentorship to develop your cyber security skills and experience
- Support to achieve certifications within six months of joining
- Opportunity to pursue more advanced certifications such as CREST CPSA and the OSCP
- Ability to shape the direction of the company
- Flexible working with the option to work from home or office
- Quarterly team events
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension