SORTEDfood is a global movement of friends with an appetite for exploring the most incredible food experiences on the planet. We discover intriguing food cultures, recipe ideas, obscure and innovative ingredients, along with great places to eat. We share these adventures and insights through our popular social channels and the SORTEDfood Meal Packs app, a subscription-based service that provides access to our innovative midweek meal planning app and over 500 unique recipes.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, with real autonomy, a product design background, and a passion for tackling customer problems within an empowered Product team.
What the Job Involves:
- Reporting into the product manager, you will be working on the Sorted Club and ‘Mealpacks’ product, playing a key part in driving the product design/UX direction
- Collaborate with the product manager to gather and evaluate user requirements
- Troubleshoot current UX problems, working with the team to brainstorm new ideas and concepts
- Develop concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to be tested and that lead to user experiences which delight but also drive measurable results
- Ensuring consistency throughout the product and help define style standards
- Documentation of the product design and processes
- Effectively communicate, document and handover your designs to developers for implementation
- Minimum of 2+ years experience working on B2C products (app based desirable), at a high-growth startup, that offers subscription or in-app purchases
- You have experience with user research, quantitative and qualitative, to find new opportunities through user design
- Experience working closely with product managers and engineers including understanding technical requirements, platform limitations and asset formats
- Skilled at creating wireframes, mockups and prototypes (preferably for mobile apps)
- Experience with using product design related tools for: A/B testing, UX, prototyping and user testing e.g. Figma, Maze, Marvel, Indesign etc.
- Good understanding of design methodologies, techniques, testing concepts and terminology
- You can show off a track record of delivering impactful product experiences that have achieved commercial and customer goals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to discuss, explain design options and work in a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solver and customer-centred
- Desire to learn and grow as a designer
- Strong passion for food
- Loves learning new things
Competitive salary based upon experience
Other Great Benefits Working at SORTEDfood
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Quarterly team offsites and social activities
- Free membership to our Meal Packs app & free SORTEDfood cookbooks
- Flexible working set-up with a hybrid of remote and office-based work. We understand the importance of maintaining a work/life balance after the past 18 months.
- There is a kitchen in the office - tasting recipes is encouraged! :)
The Process & What to Expect:
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process is the following 5 steps:
- CV & portfolio review - We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps.
- 30 min call with the Head of Growth on your experience, motivations and the role
- Exercise - A short at-home task
- 1h call or meeting with our Product Manager to go through the exercise and to test your product sense
- Meet the team - 1 hour meeting with the wider team in our London office (this can be arranged virtually if needed)