About The Social Change Agency:
The Social Change Agency comprises a team that are experts in creating social impact using social innovation, peer networks, community organising, collaboration and systemic and organisational change approaches. We provide strategic consulting, communications expertise, training and programme design to create social impact. We combine tried and tested approaches with cutting edge tools and perspectives that often result in original programmes and services that break through long standing challenges. What do we do best? Creating bespoke, blended solutions so the organisations we work with can change the world.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a talented person who will work closely with our Operations Director to ensure that the business operations function efficiently. The role will involve ensuring our internal systems and processes are fit for purpose and being followed by the team, and providing administrative support project delivery where needed. This role will be an integral part of the business, as the operational and administrative support given will span across the team and various projects.
Your skills and experience:
You will be a detailed person, very organised and good at managing various tasks at the same time. You will be keen to make an impact in a small team and be hungry for searching out opportunities to develop yourself and the business. We are looking for someone who is happy working on their own initiative with energy, enthusiasm and good humour. You must be comfortable with working with groups of people from varied backgrounds along with your work colleagues, and comfortable prioritising urgent, last minute tasks.
Person specification includes:
- exceptional organisational skills
- demonstrable experience of office operations, understanding of systems and basic bookkeeping
- an exceptional attention to detail
- ability to manage various tasks and project related administration at the same time, and capable of managing time effectively
- capability to manage competing priorities
- IT literate - Experience of working with project management software, CRM and accounting software is desirable
- Experience of working within a team.
We will give you full training on our internal systems and processes and other methodologies that will be relevant to your role.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Operations Assistant, you will be responsible for undertaking and developing administrative processes, systems and procedures that support us including:
- Supporting our Operations Director to ensure that our policies, processes, and systems across the team and projects align with and advance business objectives. This includes ensuring our systems and processes are being followed across the organisation, and supporting the development and implementation of any new processes or policies that are needed to move the organisation forward.
- Supporting the Operations Director with all operations across the organisation, including support with contracting with clients and updating finance spreadsheets and invoicing support to our bookkeeper.
- Supporting the consultancy and programme teams to logistically map-out, plan, and manage projects
- Along with the Operations Director, analyse and maintain operational data to inform our work
- Supporting recruitment and onboarding of staff in policies and procedures
- Supporting compliance across the organisation, board and our CIC
- Management of our busy office, both virtually and physically
- Support SMT with diary management along with governance support
- Update our CRM (Hubspot) and be the point of call for support in the team for the CRM.
- Ensuring that our online filing systems are properly organised
- Acting as a first point of contact for external correspondents, callers and visitors
- Use any other skills you bring to the job that can help us increase our reach and impact.
The role will be full time (37.5 hours/week) - we will consider well structured JobShare applications. The role is a permanent contract with potential opportunities for growth and development. We are a small, agile agency and are committed to supporting our staff to acquire the skills and grow in all areas of our business.
Application instructions and timeline:
Applications will close on Sunday 17th of October at midnight.
Interviews will be held on 21st October
To apply please fill out this application form: https://forms.gle/PcZNgyTcFvSqL2J46
Please note we will not be accepting CV's or cover letters for this role.
We will be holding a webinar from 6-7:00pm on 12th October 2021. This will be a chance for you to learn more about our role, the organisation, and ask any questions to the team.
Please follow this link to register: