Please note we do not sponsor work permit. You must be entitled to work in the UK and currently be in UK. This is not a remote working position, you must be able to work in our office in Canary Wharf from Day 1.
No agencies please
The process of renting a home is outdated. In an age when we can order a car with the click of a button, or order food from our favourite restaurant within a few minutes, finding and renting a home should be easy. We at Oasis Living https://oasis-living.com/
are re-imagining how renting should be in a new world
We have been in property letting and management for 4 years and have learnt hands on what works and what does not work by managing over 200 properties in and around London, Birmingham, Surrey. We are in the process of creating a platform that draws upon these experiences and makes the process of renting a much easier process.
As Senior Product Manager what will you be trying to focus?
We're looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our London-based team. As our first product manager, you will work directly with the founder, setting out the strategy and direction for our product and platform
You will have plenty of autonomy and accountability to drive the execution of the roadmap with a team of talented engineers, from early-stage research through to launch and KPI-oriented iteration.
Our platform has tenants on one side, and landlords (both retail/private landlords and corporate landlords) on the other side. The tenant side is B2C and landlord side of the platform has two flavours - B2B (for corporate landlords) and B2C
Where will this role be based?
- London, at our offices at Canary Wharf
Your typical week
- Working with the leadership team to take over the product ownership and operational responsibility for building the product. You'll be the on-point person for the successful delivery and continuous improvement of the product.
- Oversee the engineering team (made up of 6 engineers - backend and front-end, most are full-stack) and design team (one UX designer) and implement product processes and tools to drive an iterative product environment (we use JIRA for tracking our progress)
- Work with the marketing and sales and customer care teams to understand how internal teams are using the product (customer care and sales teams are key users of our platform apart from external users)
- Improve the product definition, working with the team and prospective users to make sure we have a clear value proposition that will generate positive user outcomes, then turn that into a comprehensive product roadmap and go-to-market strategy.
- Set a high bar for product thinking and design generally, pushing for consistency and quality, being an advocate for the needs of the user, and driving towards a world class product experience.
- We have a daily product standup at 10am - which you will guide and act as glue in,
You’ll ideally be
- You'll have 3+ years experience as a Product Manager. We're looking for someone that has a history of building great products and a deep understanding of what great product management looks like.
- You have worked in an operations-heavy tech business before. Unlike other purely tech platforms - our platform streamlines a very operations heavy workflow - think of tenant viewings, photography, property management, fixing leaks, boiler checks. You will need to learn the ground realities of property lettings and management to ensure the product can deliver
- You'll be a strong communicator and passionate user advocate. We want to build products that generate great user outcomes, so you'll be the voice of the customer in our team by conducting extensive user interviews and building a strong data driven environment which demonstrates the success of the product with users.
- You'll have experience managing small product teams in an agile, multi-culturual environment. You'll need experience managing designers, developers and other specialists within the context of strong product management and agile processes. Our engineering team is spread across three countries, and our operations team across two more.
- You'll be extremely organised, with the ability to juggle multiple streams of work. Whether it's running user interviews, working on product strategy, overseeing the agile development process or building a go-to-market plan, you'll be the kind of person who thrives managing a busy workload across multiple areas.
- Strong engineering/design acumen - some programming knowledge is strongly preferrable.
- Strong proficiency with qualitative and quantitative research methods and methodologies, including market landscaping and competitor analysis
- Good written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to suit a variety of individual personalities and levels of seniority - including investors/VC firms
About the founder
Sam Ghosh is a London-based tech-entrepreneur and founder of Oasis Living
Sam co-founded Earthmiles as a CTO. Earthmiles focuses on health-rewards and incentives (https://earthmiles.co.uk/). Currently also a Partner at Gattaca, an algorithmic trading firm, specializing in cryptocurrencies. Prior to that, Sam worked in banking/hedge funds for over 10 years between London and Hong Kong, and then joined a city-based fund with colleagues from Societe Generale. Sam has been in the property sector since 2015.
You can expect
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 0.5-1.0% in equity options