LOOK OVER HERE!
Works like a charm every single time.
Now we’ve got your attention - we need a Graphic Designer, and if you’re reading this, chances are that you’re looking for a job in design. How handy!
Don’t worry - we’re not going to launch into a 40 point list of requirements involving 25 years of experience, knowledge of Australian politics, and the ability to work at 3am on Saturday. First, we’d actually like to convince you to work here. There’s no point checking if you fit the bill for us if we don’t fit the bill for you!
So, who are we?
In a nutshell, we’re a social media agency.
Born in 2016 with a team number you could fit on half a hand, we’re now a 30-strong family of creators, analysts, specialists, enthusiasts, deep-thinkers, boundary-pushers and list-makers (see what I did there?). Oh, and of course, designers!
Our mission is to help build brands we believe in and have fun while we’re doing it! That’s why we’ve won quite a few awards, not just for our work, but also for our workplace. Awards like the ‘Top 100 Best Places to Work’.
You can see more of what we’re about here and see our smiling faces on the ‘About Us’ page*
*If you can guess who wrote this job posting, you’re automatically guaranteed a job offer**
**OK - I’ve just been told I don’t have the authority to say things like this, but it might be fun to guess anyway.
Less about us, more about you.
We’re on the hunt for a Graphic Designer to join our rapidly expanding in-house design team. As a social agency, no day is the same. You’ve probably read ‘fast-paced’ a lot on these job boards, but we’re about to say it again: it’s a fast-paced environment, but that also means faster learnings, more experiences and quicker development. We genuinely want to help you progress as much as you want to.
As a Graphic Designer, you’ll have a hand in everything from our own internal marketing to a wide range of clients. And we really do mean a wide range. Sportswear, home security, dairy alternatives, fantasy football, exercise bikes, sweets, and even sex toys are just a few of the industries we’re involved in.
Here’s what you’ll be doing...
- Social media asset creation for a handful of Spin Brands’ top clients.
- Strategic consulting with Account Managers on social design themes and pillars to hit a range of different client KPI’s.
- Brave, bold, outside the box idea generation for Spin Brands’ top clients.
- Liaising with our Account Managers to source all relevant content material, including imagery, and to ensure all graphics adhere to brand identity guidelines.
- Working collaboratively with other team members and the ability to cope with the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Keeping abreast of competitors and the latest industry developments, championing design innovation and clearly demonstrating how we can lead the industry.
Here’s what we need from you...
- 1-3 years experience in an agency.
- To be fluent in Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects.
- As well as be confident in video editing and 3D modelling.
- A bachelor’s degree or above in the creative field.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your skills.
- A social-first designer that thinks in strategy before putting pen to paper, or stylus to tablet.
- Flexible & resilient approach to work with the ability to work under high pressure and in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to successfully record time.
- Strong project management skill and initiative.
- Self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to handle constructive criticism in a positive way and welcome direction from senior designers.
- A keen interest in social media platforms and a strong understanding of how they work.
- The drive to work in a start-up culture.
- Confidence and experience in leading and supporting a small team of Juniors.
- Previous experience working in social media asset creation.
- Previous experience using video editing software.
- Previous experience in motion graphics.
- Previous experience working in an agency environment or with agencies.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Annual Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 + bonus
- Time: 38 hours, 5 days a week (Mon-Fri)
- Location: Waterloo, London
- Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
- A chance to play a part and make a difference in a young, rapidly developing agency whilst building your career.
- A generous monthly and yearly performance incentive scheme.
- We have a flexi-working policy, where you are free to WFH without prior approval.
- A remote working policy, which means you are able to work remotely (abroad or otherwise) for 1 month per year.
- Access to Spill Chat - a mental health support app with real-life therapists to make sure you feel supported, check it out here!
- 4PM finishes every Friday (did someone say drinks?)
- Lots of pub trips, monthly socials and an annual team trip!