As Tempo continues to grow, it’s important that we be data led and provide colleagues with all the insight they need to perform their roles well.
We’re looking for our first hire in the Business Intelligence space to join our data team of 2 (a Data Lead, and a Data Software Developer), and do a fantastic job of setting up accurate, flexible and scalable dashboards, visualisations and reports.
You’ll help with the design and implementation of a self-service analytics strategy. ensuring effective reporting and helping us along our journey of becoming a start-up driven by fantastic use of data and insight.
This role is really well suited to someone with the technical skills we’re looking for - to dig into code, BI admin panels or ETL processes and data pipelines - who is looking to work in a consultative manner, collaborating with teams across the business to understand their requirements and find the right solutions to meet them.
Long term, there’s great potential to continue to be responsible for this space at a more senior level, or to work towards other roles within our data team. The future looks exciting for us as we plan on further fundraising and expansion - in the UK and potentially internationally. We’re looking for someone excited to be part of that journey and to grow and develop themselves, in line with our growth plans.
- Establish, develop and maintain self-service analytics tools ecosystem (Tableau, BigQuery, Postgresql).
- Support and train users through onboarding and upskilling journey of using data.
- Automate regular reporting to improve visibility of the performance and aid data-driven decision making.
- Produce actionable and insightful visualisations and dashboards from complex datasets with many fields and from many sources.
- Help with design of warehouse and infrastructure required to support the Analytics function.
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally to understand business requirements for data and fulfil them.
Experience and soft skills
- Experience translating business requirements and hypotheses into technical solutions. Experience creating outputs for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way to a wide range of audiences. This could include having conducted training sessions to upskill colleagues or clients.
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Able to multitask and be adaptable to evolving priorities, a “roll up sleeves” attitude when the situation demands.
- Experience managing different stakeholder needs, being able to make judgement calls and manage their expectations.
- Be curious about our mission, a good fit for our values and positively contribute to our culture.
Required technical skills
- Very strong SQL knowledge.
- Experience with BigQuery.
- Strong knowledge and experience of using business intelligence and visualisation tools such as Tableau.
- Good understanding of the full data lifecycle.
Nice to have technical skills
- Experience with MongoDB, Postgresql, MySQL.
- Experience with Airflow or other orchestrators.
- Experience with Python and data manipulation and visualisation libraries such as Pandas, Matplotlib, Plot.ly.
- Experience with ML tools like Alteryx, Dataiku, KNIME.
- Experience with version control.
We value diversity so we’re not looking to hire people that will just “fit” our team, we want people who will positively contribute to it and bring something different. Applicants from all backgrounds are very welcome.