At Meander, we create sustainable, technical clothing fusing high quality performance materials and minimalist Scandinavian inspired designs. Our range is designed to be versatile and ideal for wearing both in the city and on your everyday adventures.
Following the successful launch of our online platform and our Edinburgh store, we are about to open our second store in London. We are looking for someone with marketing or retail experience and a passion for the outdoors and the environment to help launch and promote the store and grow our London community. (could suit a recent marketing graduate)
Meander is an Edinburgh based start-up online clothing brand that genuinely cares about the world we live in. We work with premium performance fabrics to create minimalist style, functional garments, designed to work if you are on the office commute, climbing a Munro or drinking espressos in the city.
As outdoor lovers we are naturally passionate about the environment and sustainability is the forefront of our brand values, we work with only European factories, we’re Carbon Neutral and we’ve partnered with 1% for the planet (donating 1% of our sales to environmental charities) and are on our way to becoming B-Corp certified.
We launched our first collection online in October 2019 and opened our first store in Edinburgh in October last year. We were selected by the judges at ISPO Brandnew as one of the top 50 newcomers in 2020 and have plans to grow and expand the brand rapidly.
We’re at the beginning of an exciting journey and looking for a passionate, hands-on team member who is excited to join us at the early stages and help to grow the London community from the ground up.
About the Role:
As a Marketing and Retail Assistant your time will be split digital marketing, generating brand awareness for the store and acting as an ambassador in store telling the brand story and sharing our sustainable values to our customers. We are looking for someone with aligned values and a passion for the outdoors who can bring our brand to life. You must have great people skills and enjoy talking to customers and creating a community around the store.
- Act as an ambassador for the brand and convey our story and values to customers
- Maintain the store to a high standard including visual merchandising and general housekeeping
- Create a community through hosting events, Sunday socials and social media
- Give amazing customer service
- Research local influencers and ambassadors for brand collaborations
- Researching and preparing for the weekly content meetings.
- Design Instagram stories and work on new ideas that feed into our overall marketing strategy.
- Assisting with creating content for the Meander Magazine.
- Support the creation and distribution of regular reports related to social media metrics.
- Utilize key learnings to help inform brand/social strategy moving forward.
What’s in it for you?
Along with a competitive salary, pension and benefits package you will also be eligible for:
- A nice new wardrobe of Meander clothing.
- Staff Discount of up to 40%
- The chance to build something, a brand with purpose and with people who care.
- Excellent career development opportunities within a growing brand
- Training and networking trips to Edinburgh
- 30 days holiday per year + a day off on your birthday
- Free Williams and Johnnsons coffee in store and delicious hot chocolate!
How To Apply:
We want to know about you and your interests as much as we do about your experience. To apply please send a C.V. with a covering letter.
(Please note that this role is through the government Kickstart Scheme intended for 16 to 24 year olds)