At Meander, we create sustainable, technical clothing fusing high quality performance materials and minimalist Scandinavian inspired designs. Our range is designed to be versatile and ideal for wearing both in the city and on your everyday adventures.
Following the successful launch of our online platform and our Edinburgh store, we are about to open our second store in London. We are looking for someone with retail experience and a passion for the outdoors and the environment to help launch the store and grow our London community.
Meander is an Edinburgh based start-up online clothing brand that genuinely cares about the world we live in. We work with premium performance fabrics to create minimalist style, functional garments, designed to work if you are on the office commute, climbing a Munro or drinking espressos in the city.
As outdoor lovers we are naturally passionate about the environment and sustainability is the forefront of our brand values, we work with only European factories, we’re Carbon Neutral and we’ve partnered with 1% for the planet (donating 1% of our sales to environmental charities) and are on our way to becoming B-Corp certified.
We launched our first collection online in October 2019 and opened our first store in Edinburgh in October last year. We were selected by the judges at ISPO Brandnew as one of the top 50 newcomers in 2020 and have plans to grow and expand the brand rapidly.
We’re at the beginning of an exciting journey and looking for a passionate, hands-on team member who is excited to join us at the early stages and help to grow the London community from the ground up.
About the Role:
As a Retail Assistant you will act as an ambassador for us telling the brand story and sharing our sustainable values to our customers. We are looking for someone with aligned values and a passion for the outdoors who can bring our brand to life. You must have great people skills and enjoy talking to customers and creating a community around the store.
- Act as an ambassador for the brand and convey our story and values to customers
- Learn and maintain great product knowledge. You must acquire an excellent understanding of the performance materials and eco credentials of each product
- Maintain the store to a high standard including visual merchandising and general housekeeping
- Create a community through assisting with events, Sunday socials and social media
- Give amazing customer service
What’s in it for you?
Along with a competitive salary, pension and benefits package you will also be eligible for:
- A nice new wardrobe of Meander clothing.
- Staff Discount of up to 40%
- The chance to build something, a brand with purpose and with people who care.
- Excellent career development opportunities within a growing brand
- Training and networking trips to Edinburgh
- 30 days holiday per year + a day off on your birthday
- Free Williams and Johnnsons coffee in store and delicious hot chocolate!
How To Apply:
We want to know about you and your interests as much as we do about your experience. To apply please send a C.V. with a covering letter.
Please note that this role is through the government Kickstart Scheme intended for 16 to 24 year olds