Job Title: Assistant Buyer: Outdoor & Lifestyle
Line Manager: Buyer
Contract Type: Permanent
Travel Required: No
Who we are
At MADE.com we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture and homewares at a fair price.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
What you’ll be doing
As the Assistant buyer at MADE.com you will be working as part of the Home Accessories team to develop a all year round Outdoor Category. This includes:
- Identifying key opportunities within assigned product area and work closely with designers and factories to launch new products in line with the department strategy with the support of the Buyer / Senior Buyer.
- Liaise directly with designers and factories to ensure delivery of assigned product area meets key critical path deadlines.
- Following up the performance of your collections and new releases in order to adapt the structure of our catalogue and work with your line manager to redefine very quickly our product offer and strategy.
- Compiling market information to ensure our collections remain ahead of our competitors.
- Manage the administration of your assigned product area, maintaining accurate data entry.
- Take a lead role in managing photo shoots for your category, compile shoot lists and co-ordinate sample delivery for shoots.
- Build a very good understanding of the Company’s product direction and ensure that our customers’ needs are covered by the category range you will be looking after.
- Think out of the box and identify the gaps in the category and make suggestions for improvement.
- Make sure your range delivers great quality products and that you resolve any issues early on, you need to own your product from concept through to delivery and through its lifecycle.
- Work effectively with the Buyer or Senior Buyer into who you are reporting and support on general day to day requests / tasks.
What you’ll need
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Experience with buying skills and understanding of the buying process.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent experience working with Excel, PowerPoint and Word and Google Docs.
- Very strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commercial acumen and a passion for the sector and its products.
- An understanding of what motivates customers to buy individual products.
- Exceptional team working.
- Data accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong customer focus.
- Numeracy and IT skills.
What we offer
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We’re proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra holiday day for every year, served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we’re open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it’s important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of London!
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.