Please note the position will be equity only until revenues have built up or we’ve accomplished significant progress with our fundraising activities.
Best Gay Life is a lifestyle brand that strives for social change and cultural integration in the LGBTQ+ communities. We’re funded by our monthly subscription and membership service, which delivers personalised curated underwear and personal care subscription boxes, loaded with exclusive rewards from top retailers, and entertainment products to our customers.
Our blog provides content on culture, entertainment, lifestyle, and more.
Our podcast delivers content on top travel places, trendy LGBTQ+ spots & events, interviews, entertainment, lifestyle tips and more!
Our app is in soft launch phase, providing a safe space for our LGBTQ+ communities to engage with each other, create & share content, listen to podcasts and get access to curated products and services for our LGBTQ+ communities as well a community focused marketplace.
Our purpose and vision
We believe in the positive promotion of the LGBTQ+ communities living their best gay/queer life, providing products and services for our communities and allies
To provide products and services for the LGBTQ+ communities and our allies
We believe in good humour and a good heart, always putting our customers’ journey first.
About the role
You’d be working alongside our CEO helping to drive growth for our community app and marketplace, while overseeing the company's digital marketing, social media, sales and creative marketing activities. You’d build and create awesome community driven marketing campaigns for LGBTQ+ days of significance as well as our Pride campaign.
What you'd be doing
- Develop the marketing strategy (e-commerce, subscriptions, content, social media & community app)
- Work with content lead to define brand bible for all BGL channels
- Manage & co-ordinate the company’s digital marketing campaigns across all channels
- Manage our social media channels
- Work with the team to provide and deliver support for the company’s agency work
- Willing to roll up their sleeves and help in all areas of the business as needed
What will help you do the job well
- Understanding of the LGBTQ+ communities
- Experience in sales and marketing 5+ years preferred
- Demonstrable growth of product user base preferred
- Experience in LGBTQ+ community building
- You get things done, solution focused problem solving
12 - 14 hours per week, moving to a F/T role when we secure full funding from our investment round.
What we're offering
- 3000 vested shares (3% equity at current valuation)
- Opportunity to move to a F/T role when we secure full funding from our investment round
Join our community of changemakers!