About the role:
This role will involve:
- Posting vendor invoices accurately and making third party payments on time
- Assisting in managing employee expenses, payroll and contractor payments
- Storing and submitting invoices to the accountant
- Ensuring monthly accruals are booked
- Assisting with ad-hoc MIS request on daily basis
- Preparing analytical reviews and commentaries on Sales and Cost data
- Providing meaningful information and reports to the team which assists in decision making
- Identifying reporting needs which can be valuable in our fast growing organization
- Assisting with ad hoc requests as requested by the team
Bits (www.getbits.app) is an app-based store card that helps people build their credit score and history.
The problem we solve is building credit. Traditional advice for building credit is to get a credit card, but there are 10 million people in the UK who can’t get a credit card - or any form of mainstream credit - at all and are effectively locked out of mainstream credit. Bits has a unique model which makes it possible for these 10 million people - and in fact, for literally anyone - to sign up, and be approved for a Bits store card in less than 2 minutes.
The best part about working at Bits? Well, two things.
First, the mission. Literally every day you will receive emails from people describing how Bits has solved a life changing problem that they struggled with for years. You will make a difference here.
Second, the people. We are an eclectic mix of people, with backgrounds ranging from a former NHS infectious disease vaccine delivery lead, to an Oxford maths whizz, to an Amazon tech guru. The one thing that we all share though is our commitment to the mission - unusually for a lending company, we don’t make any money on interest, we don’t put people into debt, and we are customer-first in everything we do.
Start date: As soon as possible. Must be available immediately
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Commerce or Inter CA with 5-7 years relevant experience
- Comfortable with data, eye for detail, highly analytical, diligent, good oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Excel and comfort with new systems will be an advantage
- A competitive market salary
- 28 days holidays/ year incl. UK/ England public & bank holidays
- Honestly, whatever else you want, within reasonable bounds