Are you ready for an entrepreneurial challenge and keen to join a new ambitious fintech start-up with a seasoned founding team? Then you are at the right place: we are a cutting edge financial super-app backed by some of Europe’s leading early-stage venture capital funds and most influential angel investors.
incard is an ecommerce payment solution for entrepreneurs, dropshippers, and influencers. Through integrations with industry leaders in banking as well as with social platforms, customers can use incard to increase their exposure and maximise their revenue.
With faster payments, higher limits, and 24/7 support for the 24/7 world, incard provide solutions such as mult-currency accounts, built-in accounting software, and sophisticated dashboarding for a clear view of your ROI. We’re a young startup and are on track to become an FCA certified neobank in the next year, so now is the time to join whilst we make our key hires across Engineering and Product over the coming months.
About the role:
Exciting opportunity to be the first inhouse Senior Software Engineer at incard and play a key role in leading the technical development of how new product features should be carried out.
As part of this role, you will:
- Work closely with the CTO to plan and execute on strategic product initiatives
- Define and build new features throughout the stack and integrations with other services
- Be involved throughout the product life cycle, from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution, and shipping
- Provide technical leadership and help influence product strategy: refining the system architecture, helping to define product features, and using best practice to enable the best quality end product
- Interface with customers working with the account team where required on product demos, technical integration and implementation
- Collaborate closely with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers' problems and build products that solve them
- Communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to team mates, customers and our wider engaged community of organisations and individuals
- Lead on delivery, managing the development team through the sprint cycle, resolving blockers and coordinating meetings
- Take a lean, test-driven approach to solving problems
- Proactively look for ways to improve our processes, software quality and maintainability
- Continually build on your skillset to apply the best technology to solve a given problem
Skills and requirements:
- Excellent experience with React and Node
- Customer-facing skills and experience interfacing with technical and non-technical counterparts on product demos, integration and implementation workstreams
- Experience in leading delivery sprints and managing agile teams
- Experience distilling complex product requirements into deliverable features
- Comfortable developing new features or refactoring legacy code as needed, including new technologies and refining effective testing strategies as you go
- Experience designing and architecting scalable, web-based systems that solve real business problems
- Solid understanding of the various architectures and components of modern, scalable web application stacks
- Experience working in lean, iterative ways to create software from the ground up
- Experience working with CMS, publishing or e-commerce technology stacks would be an advantage