Nova Futur Limited is a young tech start up, based in the prestigious, fully managed modern office near Victoria Station. We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist with wide ranging experience in HR matters to join the team and “hit the ground running”, providing wide ranging HR support for the group of companies. The Company will consider applicants wishing to work part time, full time or with flexible working hours. UK experience is an absolute requirement.
- Maintain up to date and accurate staff records in the HR systems in accordance with applicable legislative requirements, and provide reports as requested.
- Work with the business to interpret and apply the group’s policies and procedures. Dealing with various HR queries/matters, taking into account best practice, company’s business objectives and potential outcome & legislative framework.
- Supporting team managers through employees related issues with the view to find a resolution at an informal stage (including informal mediation). Take notes, produce documentation and advise on fairness/process on disciplinary/grievance/investigatory issues.
- Influence managers and work with them to deal effectively and appropriately with the management of a range of performance, conduct and compliance issues, keeping track of probation period reviews and that regular performance reviews are carried out in time. Support development and implementation of the group’s performance review process and talent retention strategies and program.
- Provide support of employee relations matters including disciplinary and grievance, performance and absence management procedures, preparing accurate and legally compliant documentation, notices and letters in close collaboration with and under the direction of Legal & Compliance and senior management.
- Proactively partner with the business teams on all recruitment activities, including identifying and selecting appropriate sources of candidates. Manage the approvals process within the business & manage all aspects of recruitment activities including managing candidates’ communication, references collection, extension of offer letters, onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Liaise with Legal & Compliance and senior management where necessary.
- Preparing updates to the legal & compliance team on the relevant legislative developments in relation to employment practices and assessing any impact on the company’s documentation, policies and procedures, contributing at the departmental meetings, and submitting recommendations for the necessary improvements of the company's practices and policies.
- Provide support in projects involving automation and enhancing system functionalities, make suggestions and recommendations for best practice approach.
- Ad hoc HR related work & projects. Work closely with Office Administration in all aspects of employees related issues, recruitment, onboarding/offboarding processes, employees’ engagement initiatives, including close participation in social events organising, visits from other offices and meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & PERSONAL PROFILE
- Bachelor degree (HR or business related degree preferred) or CIPD level 5 qualification.
- At least 3 years of strong HR generalist experience preferably within the start-up environment, small to midsize company. Experience working within the technology or FinTech sector would be an advantage. Experience working with the UK and EU based business would be an asset but is not essential.
- Broad understanding and proven track of dealing with various employment issues, working knowledge of the main areas of employment practices within the legal context, general understanding of the main legal considerations for the recruitment and general employee management processes.
- Proven experience in participating and supporting different aspects of recruitment processes and in performance management programs development and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly, ability to build relationships with managers at all levels, strong self- management skills and ability to take ownership and work autonomously, whilst being able to identify situations to seek guidance.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong numerical skills, excellent written and spoken English, ability to multitask, positive attitude and ability to handle stressful situations in a professional and composed way.
- High degree of integrity, commitment to agreed timelines, understanding the nature of the role within the business structure and relationship and associated confidentiality.
- Strong IT skills, experience working with G-Suite, Microsoft 365, conferencing facilities, and familiarity with various HR systems.
- A prestigious office location in the heart of London.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- 25 days holidays and holidays trade off/purchase options.
- Medical and dental insurance.
- Frequent office food & social events.
- Learning and development opportunities, working closely with Legal, Finance, Product & senior management teams.
- Hybrid working arrangement (on completion of probation).
- A collaborative work environment and culture.
- Casual dress code.