UX / UI Designer
London, Tallinn or remote (~2 days a week or project basis)
Koia is a FinTech startup looking to change the face of investing.
Via our mobile app, we enable anyone to easily invest in alternative assets at the click of a button.
We believe in opening up opportunities, from assets to education. The world’s wealthiest have invested in assets such as fine wine, art and watches for hundreds of years. The same opportunities have remained out of reach to most people. We plan to change that.
Koia is bringing passion, excitement and a human touch to today’s faceless world of investing. We’re making investing engaging and community is at the core of what we do.
We’re looking for someone to help us design the Koia App and create a user-friendly, engaging and fun experience.
We’re letting people invest in fractions of what they know and love, think of wine, watches, Pokémon Cards. As we’re working with “passion assets” our app will have a different look, feel and user experience compared to traditional investing app. We want to combine the best of Fintech x Social and E-Commerce x Gaming.
We’re looking for someone who’s excited to not only help us design a new product, but shape an entirely new category. As Koia is a new concept, designing features for the app will require proper research, testing and creativity to come up with the best solutions, an interesting challenge for the right candidate.
There is scope to move to a full-time position if of interest.
Tasks & Objectives
- Conduct user and market research
- Create documentation and UI guidelines
- Design user journeys, low-fidelity mock-ups and test your designs
- Design final UI and screens
Some features and projects that you’ll be working on in the first few months:
- Review our current MVP and suggest improvements
- Research and design sharing, virality and social features
- Design our secondary market where users can trade fractions with each other
- 3+ years experience in UX & UI design, ideally mobile apps
- Experience with user research and user testing
- Experience with industry-standard design programs like Sketch, Figma, Invision etc.
- Strong communication, time and project management skills
- Experience creating innovative products in new industries
- Nice to have: experience designing investment products
Why join us?
- Ability to join a company at its earliest stages looking to grow rapidly.
- You’ll have a real impact on the product direction and design.
- You’ll have an opportunity to not only design a new product but help shape an entirely new category
- Fintech x Social Commerce x Gaming: our product crosses categories. Not only do we want our app to be functional; we want it to be fun, engaging & shareable. There is a lot of room for creativity and innovation.