Who we are
Mention Me is the Referral Engineering™ platform for growth-obsessed ecommerce brands. Our world-class programmes have delivered more than 4m referrals totalling £1bn+ in revenue for 450+ brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2013, we now employ more than 80 specialists and work with brands including Farfetch, Bloom & Wild and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and a Bronze Stevie for Customer Service Team of the Year.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
We celebrate every Mentioneer, exactly as they are. We don’t shy away from breaking down systemic discrimination in society, or from difficult conversations and decisions. We’re committed to being a force for change.
The same goes for our recruitment. We welcome every application, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socioeconomic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Are you an experienced talent acquisition manager with a passion for scaling teams across product and technology?
We are now seeking a Talent Acquisition Lead to join us. As our customer base grows, so does the scale, complexity and sophistication of our tech platforms. Partnering directly with our Head of Engineering, you will hire across a range of product & engineering roles.
You will quickly get up to speed with immediate hiring needs, priorities and future plans and design and implement seamless hiring practices, ensuring a great candidate experience. Direct hiring is a significant part of the role, so a passion for sourcing and engaging with top talent will set you up for success. This role sits within the People team, and will report directly to the Head of People & Talent.
As the Talent Acquisition Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Developing strategy and driving execution. Partner with tech and product to plan and develop a short and long term talent acquisition strategy, and execute on hiring goals for our engineering and product teams.
- Building scalable processes. Design, implement, launch and iterate on processes, programs and tools across interviewing, assessment, referrals, sourcing in order to create an outstanding hiring experience that’s efficient and runs at scale.
- Influencing with data. Introduce efficient ways for reporting to track key recruiting and sourcing metrics and measure progress, sharing insights and influencing the broader people and talent roadmap.
- Celebrating difference. Ensure Mention Me’s diversity and inclusion values and goals are embedded throughout the talent acquisition strategy.
- Driving a high-performance hiring culture. Champion and role-model Mention Me values and drive a positive and progressive hiring culture throughout the company
- Extensive tech recruiting experience in a similar environment, including leading software engineering recruitment at scale.
- Experience developing and building sourcing strategies, processes and programs that support hiring tech talent at scale.
- Track record of leveraging and leading with data; experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, drive decisions and measure impact.
- A proven ability to design, communicate and iterate on recruitment processes and programs, and instrument ways of measuring and tracking performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence across all levels, including the most senior.
You’ll be a great fit if you are:
- A deeply curious and avid learner, constantly looking for ways to improve and creatively solve problems - both the big strategic things and the smaller quick wins.
- A highly strategic operator, an excellent people manager and someone who has a demonstrably successful leadership track record and trajectory in fast-paced companies.
- Driven by seeing the achievements and progression of others you support and partner with.
- Can switch between a high-level strategic mindset and detailed execution orientation seamlessly.
- Excited to help build a scalable recruitment function.
Here’s why you should join us
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
You can expect:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an extra day off for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As well as:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders’ Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage lunch breaks, regularly work from home, and are open to flexible working
- Weekly online yoga classes
- Sessions with a qualified therapist through Spill
- An amazing office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events, from chocolate-tasting and pottery-making, to poker nights and picnics
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass
Think you’ve got what it takes to be our new Talent Acquisition Lead? Apply now.
We can’t wait to receive your application. In the meantime, feel free to check us out on LinkedIn and Glassdoor or drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.