Tu Pack provides third-party logistics to retail and homeware brands. We provide storage, picking and packaging, warehousing management, distribution and inventory services to our clients. This enables our clients to have access to top-class fulfilment services whereby they can deliver an efficient e-commerce service to their customers. As a purpose-led business, our mission drives every aspect of our business and distinguishes us from other fulfilment companies.
Our mission is to enable retail brands to maintain their identity and differentials across the delivery journey without having to compromise on issues of sustainability, service level and price.
We are looking for an astute procurement officer to oversee the purchasing activates and ensure that purchased items and services are both energy-efficient, cost-efficient and high quality. The main responsibilities in this role will evolve around maintaining a positive relationship with suppliers, evaluating supply options and keeping accurate purchasing records. The role will also involve developing and implementing Tu Pack’s Environmental Management System (EMS) which will ensure compliance with relevant standards and regulations. The role is ideal for an entrepreneurial individual who wants to create a social impact.
Procurement and finance:
- Liaise with Warehouse Manager and Finance Manager to identify items that will improve our operational efficiency and that are within our budget.
- Liaise with the Support department to identify purchases which will assist in providing better services to our clients.
- Manage any issues which occur with purchasing items.
- Reviewing, comparing, analysing and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, products ranges, etc.
- Researching and screen prospective suppliers and services based upon their QSCDST (Quality, Sustainability, Cost, Delivery, Service and Technology).
- Weekly reports to the Finance Manager of the items which need to be purchased for the week ahead to ensure that the cashflow is accurate.
- Negotiate good payment terms and maintain good supplier relations.
- Audits every three months to ensure that we are getting the best value for money.
- Constantly reviewing the market to find better services and items.
- Devise an environmental management system to make our workplace greener and compliant with B-Corp standards.
- Responsible for measuring our sustainability performance and devise sustainability metrics to report back to senior management.
- Lead, develop and implement initiatives that will reduce Tu Pack’s carbon foot print and create a strategy that will assist the company to achieve its 2022 net zero target.
- Create a system to monitor and record our water and energy consumption and constantly look for energy-efficient solutions.
- Promote a workplace culture that is required to achieve it sustainability targets.
Essential key skills and knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills .
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Good commercial awareness and strong numeracy skills.
- Time management and multi-tasking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Qualifications- desirable but not essential:
- 5 GCSEs with C grades in Maths and English.
- Bachelor degree in Business Management or similar field is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in the logistics industry is preferred.
Experience in a procurement role or similar position.*
Reference ID: PS/SW/TU
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000-£28,000.00 per year