Applications close: 5pm on 27th October 2021
Interview date: Week Commencing 1st November 2021
Preferred Start date: On or before 1st December 2021
Location: London based at our office in Hoxton (but remote working possible for the right candidate)
Hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday - Friday
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
How to apply: Please email School Space for a link to our application form
School Space aims to create thriving schools at the heart of thriving communities. We do this by partnering with schools to rent out their facilities to the community. Our spaces are hired by wonderful community groups, and the income generated is used by the schools to improve the educational experience and facilities for their students, in addition to building stronger connections with the surrounding community.
We strongly believe that our people are at the heart of our success. Since 2011 we've grown to become a tight knit team of under twenty in our Hoxton Head Office, with a fabulous remote team of over one hundred community connectors who work at our partner schools. We are steadily growing and looking for people who share our social mission to join the next part of the School Space story. From working directly with the founders, to regular training days, daily stand-ups, socials and a culture of celebrating small wins, we aim to develop every team member at School Space and encourage all team members to contribute to our culture. We are a fast paced work place with a friendly atmosphere - working at School Space will expose you to many new learning opportunities and a chance to have a say in the growth and development of a company striving to create a big impact. Our core values are Transparency, Positivity, Initiative, Community, Passion and Learning - and if selected to interview with us we will be assessing whether you evidence these.
Customer Support Executive
Why does this role exist?
Our operation covers 60 schools (and growing), 100+ incredible part-time Community Connectors (the amazing people who open and close our schools) and thousands of events annually.
The Customer Support Team are responsible for working directly with our customers - those who book the spaces. These are an amazing collection of community groups, from karate clubs to language schools. You will provide a mixture of email and phone support to resolve their problems, as well as some project work around customer communication.
What will you be accountable for?
- Problem solving for our customers, speaking directly with them via email and phone to find a solution to their needs.
- Administration - resolving tickets and keeping customer bookings up to date on our in-house tech platform
- Matching customers with the right school venue for them and guiding them through the booking process
- Working with our operations team (who manage our school relationships) to ensure we can solve the customer’s problems on the spot, and for the future
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers' feedback and requests to the rest of the team (sales, product development and operations).
What will help you succeed in this role?
- An absolute love of customer service, and a drive to solve a customer’s problems and delight them in the process.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in customer service or operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in having difficult conversations and resolving customer complaints
- An ability to empathise with people’s problems, build rapport and leave them satisfied with the solution
- Resilience - the ability to deal with and thrive on people coming to you with things that are going wrong!
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive tasks without losing focus
- Curiosity - you should love investigating awkward problems, getting to the root cause and fixing them
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to constantly improve
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.