Hi, we’re Sharesy!
We’re hiring: Customer Support Executive
Join Sharesy’s tech for good mission
Location: Uncommon Highbury (with a flexible working policy)
Hours: Full time, flexible
Sharesy is a tech-for-good startup that places local community at the heart of everything we do. We are on a mission to transform the way venues connect with their communities and hire their spaces. Our platform helps people find, book and engage with local venues. Think Airbnb, but for hyperlocal event spaces.
We have just closed almost £1m investment funding to help us scale our platform across the UK. If you are passionate about delivering new digital products, you love the buzz of a fast-paced startup and you want to make a real difference then we want to hear from you!
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for an organised, empathetic and multi-tasking Customer Support Exec to join our team. Your main focus will be to handle customer queries across live chat, telephone and email - answering questions and troubleshooting any booking issues in partnership with our venue hosts. You’ll also help us to set up and manage our venues’ webpages, using our internal systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hungry, self-motivated person to join Sharesy at a really exciting time - helping us to increase our bookings and delight our customers.
- You love talking to people, but know when to sit back and listen, to let others relay their needs or problems. You are empathetic and are committed to customer happiness.
- You are happy working things out for yourself and turning ambiguity into repeatable processes.
- You are keen to join a start-up and excited at the prospect of building your career as an early member of the team.
- You are happy working on a multitude of tasks across different tools - you are a great multi-tasker and generalist.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day
- Communicating with our bookers and hosts via online chat, email and phone.
- Handling queries from both prospective and existing bookers, hosts, and anyone else.
- Troubleshooting technical issues, processing refunds, and issuing coupon codes as needed.
- Consistently identifying customers’ wants, needs and pain points - identifying opportunities to improve both customer experience and internal processes.
- Communicating your learnings and suggestions to the wider team.
- Monitoring and maintaining Customer Support KPIs, such as customer satisfaction, response time and more.
The ideal candidate:
- +1 year experience in customer support or customer services.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, with relentless attention to detail.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of working with little supervision.
- Enthusiastic, dependable and excited to work in a fast paced environment.
- Enjoys problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Strives for excellence and doesn’t settle for “OK”.
- Great collaborator, happy working with others from diverse viewpoints.
- Passionate about helping people and local communities to thrive.
- £20k-24k salary depending on experience.
- After 12 months, every team member becomes a Sharesy shareholder.
- 34 days total annual leave and very flexible work from home policy.
- An M1 Macbook Air in a colour of your choice.
- Regular team events and meet-ups, working with “the nicest bunch of people ever!” (actual employee quote!).
- Plenty of opportunities to learn and develop as we grow.
Sharesy is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability status.