We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our team based in London.
You’ll be working in a cross-functional team with smart people who are passionate about our mission and product. You will help develop major features and new products in our roadmap.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in the early stages, build amazing products with a high degree of influence, and change an industry.
What You'll Do...
- You will offer solutions by building technology that will enable us to expand into new markets, develop new distribution channels, and support the development of new products and services
- You’ll play a leading role in delivering the product and technology roadmap. This means writing, reviewing and supporting code in our platform, taking ideas from requirements to production code, and having responsibility for quality
- You’ll work with robust and proven technology. Our backend platform currently uses the latest Ruby and Rails version and is backed by PostgreSQL. Most of the code runs in a Redis-backed background job system (Sidekiq). The backend app serves a React frontend app by exposing a GraphQL interface.
- Collaborate with other team members and members of the broader team
What We’re Looking For...
- As a Senior Ruby Engineer, you’ll have a solid understanding of Ruby on Rails in a production environment
- Experience of TDD (we use RSpec), good CI/CD and observability practices
- Experience working with external APIs
- Contribute to open-source projects that play an important role to our apps
- Diligence and commitment to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, favour working on usable MVPs, and using real customer feedback to continuously iterate and improve our technology solutions
- Passionate about changing the way in which people get technology, creating a win-win for customers and the planet
We’re not looking for you to meet every single point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you’ve got what it takes! We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.