Who we are
Mention Me is a referral marketing platform that fuels business growth. Our world-class programmes have delivered more than 3 million referrals totalling £850M+ in revenue for 450+ brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2013, we now employ more than 70 specialists and work with brands including Farfetch, Bloom & Wild and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and a Bronze Stevie for Customer Service Team of the Year.
In 2018, we raised $7 million in funding from Eight Roads Ventures to fuel our next phase of growth as the market-leading referral platform.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
We celebrate every Mentioneer, exactly as they are. We don’t shy away from breaking down systemic discrimination in society, or from difficult conversations and decisions. We’re committed to being a force for change.
The same goes for our recruitment. We welcome every application, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socioeconomic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you’d like to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Mention Me, get in touch.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Sales Development Representative to join our motivated and creative Market Development team. As a Sales Development Representative you are responsible for generating high quality, revenue-generating opportunities for the business by managing both inbound and outbound leads and converting them through the funnel quickly, efficiently and professionally.
How you would contribute
- Prospect, qualify and develop sales-ready leads and opportunities via email, phone and LinkedIn
- Follow up with a high volume of marketing-qualified leads and convert these to calls
- Research and identify additional businesses that fit our Ideal Customer Profile
- Meet or exceed monthly targets for performance metrics and qualified opportunities
- Define and execute the process for smooth handover of opportunities to sales
- Develop superior relationships with prospects
- Providing daily market insights
- Working with the marketing team on Lead Gen activities including events and email campaign
- Document all sales activity in our CRM system
- An entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about what you do
- An enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic
- A dynamic individual that responds well to change and works well in a fast paced environment
- Process oriented and goal driven
- Strength in research and problem solving
- Strong writing ability
- A strong phone presence with a knack for building rapport quickly and establishing trust
- Disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Ability to take direction, be coached and mentored
- High energy with a fun and engaging personality
- Previous experience of sales, lead generation, using SalesForce or a similar CRM preferred
- High organisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively
Your career progression at Mention Me
To help you carve out a successful career, we’ll provide the following:
- £2,000 annual learning and development budget
- Mentoring scheme with one of our Senior Leaders
- We’ll measure your success with quarterly goals and milestones, as well as biannual reviews, so you always know what’s expected and can accurately reflect on performance with your manager.
Here’s why you should join u
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
You can expect:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an extra day off for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As well as:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders’ Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage lunch breaks, regularly work from home, and are open to flexible working
- Weekly online yoga classes
- Sessions with a qualified therapist through Spill
- An amazing office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events, from chocolate-tasting and pottery-making, to poker nights and picnics
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass