LandTech empowers property developers to build the places that communities need to thrive.
The UK is in the middle of a housing shortage and it’s too difficult for property developers to build the places we need. To keep up with demand, the property industry needs to keep evolving. LandTech is part of that evolution. We’re supercharging the whole development process by building technology for every stage of a property developer's journey towards unlocking land.
We started five years ago, with two co-founders who built a product to help understand the development potential of any piece of land – LandInsight. Fast forward to now, and that product is the industry standard for sight sourcing and assessment, and we’re a multi-million-pound business carving a path to international success.
At LandTech, we believe in understanding the preferences, passions and life purpose for all our people and meeting them there.
It’s understanding that families and outside life are important.
That’s why we offer flexible hours, unlimited holiday, and a commitment to transition into a remote-first company by 2021, having listened to employee needs in our internal surveys.
It’s understanding that we are all multi-dimensional beings, and not just working ones.
That’s why we financially invest in both professional and personal development for all employees to help make that happen; from finally taking those driving lessons, to booking that father-daughter art class they have always wanted to do. We’re just focused on being a great place to work, but we’re happy to have picked up some awards along the way:
- Winner of the UK Customer Experience - Employee Empowerment Awards 2020
- Winner at the UK Employee Experience Awards - Employee Engagement 2020
- Top 10 SaaS Companies to work for - Sales Confidence, 2018 & 2019
- Excellence in People Development - PropTech, 2018
- Fastest-growing Business - PropTech, 2018
A team of Ops people, analysts and software engineers, the Business Operations team is responsible for:
- Analysing company wide data and operations and generating insights from this analysis;
- Supporting departments across the business on operations, systems and data;
- Implementing well designed systems & processes that improve performance
- Managing the architecture of internal data within LandTech;
- Supporting the organisation with research and data on our markets, competitors and other external factors;
- Owning company wide planning, reporting and long-term forecasting;
- Providing operational and strategic recommendations to management;
- Leading cross functional execution of change and other projects; and
- Adaptively building scalable organisational capacity where gaps become apparent as the business grows
In summary, the Business Operations team is a decision making support mechanism for the business, in order to optimise performance, scale operations and ensure the company continues to successfully achieve its mission, even under the strain of rapid growth.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst to join the new Business Intelligence team within one of the UK’s fastest growing and most recognised startups. This role reports to the Senior Data Analyst, with the team set to grow further in the near future.
Working with Business Operations colleagues, including software engineers who have built our current internal data infrastructure and ETL pipelines, the Data Analyst will help to drive the further development of that infrastructure, and take responsibility for providing analysis and visualisations that give insights which make a business impact. We are a business with data at our core and which demands data driven decision making. Your insights will help to drive customer experience, revenue and growth. You will build your analysis in such a way as to be scalable as the business expands into new markets.
- Develop and maintain key Business intelligence, including visualisation and dashboarding for ongoing reporting as well as regular and complex analysis
- Working with colleagues, manage ETL and ELT pipelines and infrastructure
- Create clear and concise documentation on all work
- Help to coach a junior analyst as and when they are hired
- Deliver complex analysis that makes a significant business impact, such as:
- Determine what combination of events and interactions should define a customer’s health status
- What combination of onboarding steps are most likely to lead to customers quickly finding value from our products?
- What types of marketing interactions are most likely to inspire customers to take a trial of our products?
- Use Quicksight for the majority of reporting, helping colleagues across the business understand how to use Quicksight, and encouraging its continued adoption as a reporting tool.
Contribute to the development of the Business Intelligence offering to becoming fully fledged
Visualise and dashboard reporting of operational performance and KPIs and SaaS metrics
Provide data driven insights that help LandTech to optimise customer experience, understand the health of our customers, maximise efficiency in internal operations and move the needle on revenue
Work with the team to continue making enhancements to our data architecture and data models
Prepare for Business Intelligence at International scale
- Expert data visualisation skills with flexible approach to tooling. Experience with Quicksight / Tableau or similar.
- Experience writing SQL against a production database.
- Experience working with and maintaining ETL pipelines. Experience with dbt beneficial.
- Experience with Python is beneficial, but not essential.
- Several years of experience in data analysis, business intelligence, business operations or revenue operations
- Track record of success within a data analytics / business intelligence function
- History of successfully communicating complex data stories and insights to senior management resulting in business impact
- Have worked with customer data including CRM data
- Experience working with SaaS metrics, with demonstrable understanding of how and why they are calculated
- Nice to have - experience of designing and documenting data models, especially around customer data
- Bachelor's degree in data analytics, finance, economics, computer science, mathematics, statistics or related field
- Result & Quality Focused - Level 3
- Interpersonal Effectiveness - Level 2
- Organisation & Methodology - Level 2
- Problem Solving - Level 3
- Global Citizenship
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A LANDTECH’ER
- Open - We are honest, collaborative and trusting, rooted in humility and a respect for creativity, sensitivity and differences
- Empower - We actively enable personal and professional growth by providing opportunity, autonomy and support
- Home - We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing, believing work is a place where people can feel comfortable, cared for and happy
- Equity options
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 3 days annual holiday for company trips/events
- Unlimited unpaid holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- £500 Professional Growth fund
- £500 Personal Growth fund
- Working from home fund for new starters
- Private Health Insurance with AXA
- Life Insurance up to 4 x your annual salary
- Day off on your Birthday
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Remote Working
- Summer Fridays
- Increased Pension
- 3 Year Anniversary Reward
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dog-friendly office
- Referral Bonus
- Focus on culture